Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Triumph New York Pier

Hi Everyone, got a few questions to throw at ya's, I love these boards, I've learned so much. This is our first cruise, Triumph to Canada leaving 6-27. We are out of the New York Pier, we booked a limo to take us to the pier, we live about 3 hours north, but still didn't want to drive or leave our car, can he (the driver) get us right up to the pier to enter the carnival loading site, and when's a good time to do that, the ship leaves at 5 pm, also for return, we supposedly dock at 8 am, what time should I tell the driver to meet us, and can he meet us at the same place? It's our 20th Anniversary and our daughters graduation cruise, we booked adjoing rooms to make it easier. I can't wait to decorate the doors...say "HI" to Wee Jimmy and my husband is going to spend the week in a big chair on the deck sipping rum and cokes!!! Also is there dancing with dinner every night or just the night clubs, I kinda picture it as like going to a wedding...every night!!! Thanks so much, 160 days to go....!
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2005, 02:14 PM
tinna

Default Re: Triumph New York Pier

hi faith, i am going on my first cruise to canada on 6/23/2005 out of new york. my cousin took the legend out of new york and got there early the ship was leaving at 4pm. she got there at 11am and said that there was about 200 people there already. she said that she also was on the ship by 12:30pm having lunch on the lido deck. i am planning on arriving by 11am myself. i hope this helps some.
Old January 18th, 2005, 03:53 PM
PapBill

Carnival, for the moment ,sails from the piers on the west side of Manhattan, just off the West Side Highway in the 50's. Yes your driver can drop you right in front of your terminal. Give your checked (larger bags) to the porters (along with about $1 per bag tip) and make sure your cabin tags (come with your documents) are securely attached to your handles. You will see the bags again infront of your room in a few hours.
Yes your driver can pick you up at the same place. Best bet is to have him scheduled for about 9 or 9:30 and to have him wait on a side street like 59th street. Call him about a half hour before it looks like you are getting off and have him meet you at pick up level. You will have to disembark, find some help to gather your luggage , and head out to the street to meet your driver,
Your impression of dinner is not correct. It is not like a wedding. There is no dancing in the main dining room. You will find a number of venues for various kinds of dancing both before and after dinner in the various lounges and discos on the ship. I would anticipate arriving some time after noon. Check in, head for your room, drop off your carryons and head out to explore the ship and get some food on the Lido deck. If you sail at 5anticipate a muster drill at about 4pm. Sailaway party on Lido deck starts immediately thereafter. Being up on deck and passing down the Hudson with Manhattan on your left, Jersey and Statue of Liberty on your right is thrilling.
Then you sail past Brooklyn (on the left) and out under the Verrazano Bridge (yes the ship will fit under). Have fun.
Old January 20th, 2005, 02:28 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to MrPete
Default Re: Re: Triumph New York Pier

No later than 11:15 if you are coming from the north. The HH Pkwy backs up after that.

Past Cruises: Explorer of the Seas 2008 Explorer of the Seas 2007 Carnival Victory 2007 Explorer of the Seas 2006 Legend 2005 Miracle 2004 Disney Wonder 2004; Pride 2003 Legend 2002 Disney Wonder 2002 Destiny 2001 Victory 2000 Triumph 1999 Jubilee 1998 Imagination 1997 Imagination 1996 Fascination 1995 Ecstasy 1993 Fantasy 1990 Jubilee 1990 NCL Seaward 1989 Jubilee 1988
Old January 21st, 2005, 08:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks so much, I will "tweek" my driver to arrive at proper times!