Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2005, 12:07 PM
marie&rick

Default Carnival Fascination

If you've cruised on the "Fascination" recently, I'd love to hear your opinions.We are planning to try this ship May for a 4 day and would like to hear from past cruisers before we book.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Carnival Fascination

My Husband and I were on the Fascination March, 2004 for my Big 4-0 celebration. We haad been on the sister ship, Fantasy, 3 times prior (and are booked on her again this April). The Fascination was a great cruise (as if the Fantasy). The crew was very attentive. Absolutely LOVED Key West. We are considering a long weekend vacation there in the near future. Cozumel was a little disappointing but we didn't venture far and weren't able to experience alot. Carlos and Charlies was a blast. We had an Empress deck porthole cabin. I actually prefer these cabins and have had a porthole on the lowest deck and liked it also. Hubby and I would sit in the little alcove and stare out the portholes. He started talking about flying fish and I was almost forced to take his drink until I caught sight of a few myself. Thought I was going to have to give up my drink!!!! It really was neat watching the fish scatter through the air as the ship cut through the water. Traveling in March meant a lot of younger people (spring breakers) but they were great. Nothing rowdy going on. They were there to have fun just like the rest. If you are traveling a long distance to Miami you'll probably be getting a hotel in Miami. We stayed in the Doubletree on Biscayne Bay. Very close to the port, beautiful hotel. Got our one night stay on Priceline.com for $50ish. The difference between the Fascination and The Fantasy if embarkation. The Fantasy will pretty much let you board as early as you'd like. The Fascination does not allow boarding until 12:00. You are seated in the order you arrive in a waiting area. It's not bad as you get to mingle, in comfort, with other passengers.

Let me know if you need additional questions answered as I'm sure my ranting did not answer all of the questions you have.

Happy Sailing!!!!!!!