Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2005, 01:14 PM
First Mate

Default Valor and St. Thomas Questions

Will be cruisng Valor in April. Does the balcony staterooms have a refrigerator and a
hairdryer?
We would like to visit Blackbeards Castle in St. Thomas. We are thinking about taking a
taxi from the ship to the castle, tour it on our own, and then taxi back to the ship. Any idea
if this is allowed without a designated shoretour? Any idea of the cost of the taxi and does
Blackbeards Castle charge an admission? Thanks for your help in advance.
Happy Sailing.............
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Sclmkl
Default Re: Valor and St. Thomas Questions

Hi, I am going on the Valor in February and found out that the only rooms on the Valor that have a refrigerator are the mini-suites and above..I have a balcony and specifically called Carnival to ask the same question..
All the rooms have hairdryers..Go to the FAQ"S on the and click on what Amenties are in the room.
You can go anywhere on the islands that you want, by any means that you want ( tours or taxi or rent a car)..In St Thomas I don't think you would have many issues going on your own ( as long as you have a good map and a good sense of direction) of take a taxi.
Some of the the other ports I would be a bit more leery. We were on a cruise several years ago and we were on Dominica on a ships tour and all the regular bus drivers ( not tour bus drivers) went on strike and left their buses in the middle of the road..We were on a ship's tour in a 12 person minivan..Along with us were many other ship's tour vans..We were stranded on the far side of the island ( because of the buses blocking the road)..The ship (crown princess) actually pulled around the far side of the island and picked up all the tour passengers..They had radios in their vans so everything was arranged with very little hassle. If you are on your own and something of this nature happens they will leave you behind and it your responsiblity to get to the next port. I am not trying to scare you or anything but I have been on 9 cruises and would rather pay a couple of extra bucks for the shore excursions and know that the ship is not going to leave without me.

Sue