Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Passenger

Default Conquest April 3-10

My boyfriend and I will be setting sail in April and was wondering who might be joining us? We are very excited, this is our first cruise!!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2005, 10:28 AM
sunnymom02

Default Re: Conquest April 3-10

Hi there. We are also sailing on the Conquest then! We cannot wait either. We are sailing with another couple so it should be fun! What kind of shore excursions are you planning on doing? We are kind of undecided yet!!

Sunnymom02

Conquest 4/2005
Sensation 2/2003
Old January 21st, 2005, 11:51 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Conquest April 3-10

Hi thanks for writing! We are thinking in Montego bay doing the dunns falls and dolphins excursion. I think that would be cool! In Grand Cayman we are thinking of doing the Stingray Sandbar, Hell and Turtle farm. Then in Cozmel we chose Playa Mia Beach break delux. It was hard to choose in Cozmel there is so many fun things to do. But we just want to spend the day in the sun on the last port. Do you guys have any in mind? How was your last cruise? We are coming from Washington State, Where are you from?
Old January 21st, 2005, 12:00 PM
nv4life

My wife and me and another couple will be sailing then also. Our third and their first. on our first cruise we did not do much off the ship and loved it. On the other cruise we partied and explored all we could. this time we hope to do a little of both.
Old January 21st, 2005, 03:58 PM
sunnymom02

Westcoastfun- Hi there. We were thinking of doing the Sunset Beach resort thing in Jamaica ($20.00 for an all inclusive). And then in Grand Cayman, thinking about doing the Stingray tour??? Not sure tho. And in Cozumel, thinking about going to Paradise beach. But who knows, our plans could change! Our first cruise was wonderful! We went to GC and Cozumel last time. Our first cruise was on a smaller and older boat. So cruising on a "mega" ship will be quite exciting We are from Wisconsin getting a bunch of snow right now!

Sunnymom02

Conquest 4/2005
Sensation 2/2003
Old January 21st, 2005, 06:09 PM
Passenger

sunnymom02,
HI there back! Sunset beach is like the playa mia beach break? On ours, I am pretty sure it is a resort. We spend like 5 hours there playing in the water with paddleboats and watertrapoline ect.. Hammocks and cocktails..mmm We would like to learn to parasail. Do you know of what islands might have that? 65 degrees now which is warm for this time of year here but guess there is a storm coming. Looking forward to meeting lots of people. Good luck with your snow storm!

nv4life,
Hi there, thanks for writing. Where are you guys from? Do you know what excursions you might be doing?
Old January 21st, 2005, 09:07 PM
sunnymom02

Sunset beach in Jamaica is something that is not through the ship. You just take a taxi from the pier to this resort and pay $20.00 per person and it includes everything! Sounds like a good deal to me I have heard that Jamaica can be a scary place. I know there are quite a few beaches in Cozumel that offer parasailing. If you do a little research on line, you can find some great info on beaches. If I remember right, the playa mia that you were talking about offers parasailing for an extra charge. My husband wants to try that and we were thinking of doing that in Cozumel.

Sunnymom02
Old February 14th, 2005, 02:24 PM
carribelle

hi everyone, glad to hear from some other cruisers for the conquest on april 3-10
my husband and I and another couple are going. we are flying in 2 days before from
michigan and staying in NO. I am also trying to plan excursions. Sunset beach sounds like that will fit our plans. we like a nice beach and hopefully a place to snorkel.

carnival spirit 2001
golden princess 2004
carnival conquest 2005
Old March 17th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Passenger

Sunnymom,
Are you still excited? Talked to you back in January. Wanted to let you know of another forum on this particular cruise. Write back if your still out there.

Carribelle, Hi you wrote on this this thread too. Write back and I will tell you about another group going on our ship.
Old March 17th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Penny Mason

Hello, my sister and I are also going on this cruise. We are so excited. This is our third cruise, second time going to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We loved Carlos n Charlies in Cozumel. The Stingray City excursions are awesome in Grand Cayman. We have never been to Jamaica before, but we are looking forward to it. Planning to go to the Sunset Beach resort and then stop in at Margaritaville on the way back. We are definitely going back to Carlos n Charlies in Cozumel, but not sure about anything else. Chankanaub National Park in Cozumel was great last time. They have replicas of Mayan statues and a lagoon. We snorkeled there and it was great. I hope you have fun, we plan to.

Carnival Sensation 9/2002
Old March 18th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Passenger

Anyone interested in meeting people on our ship????? I have found a other message board that talks frequently on this particular cruise. Good, fun people to have a laugh with. The address is http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?=10122
Sorry its alot to type but worth it!
Old March 22nd, 2005, 02:45 PM
Penny Mason

I am interested in learning more about my fellow cruisers, but when I typed in the address that you gave, it didn't work. It said no thread specified. What is the title of the one that you are talking about. I have been to the bulletin board and there are a lot of them. Thanks
Old March 22nd, 2005, 11:00 PM
Passenger

Hi Penny,
Go to cruisecritic.com then go to roll calll then find conquest 4/3/05
Family of 4 w/teens anyone else booked. Hopefully that will work let me know if it doesnt. Leah
Old March 23rd, 2005, 07:01 AM
First Mate

Send a message via ICQ to Cynda

We went on the Conquest in October. Beautiful ship, great time! Check out the readers reviews section here : ) Also, when you are on board, make sure you attend the cruise directors talk about the excursions, they give a brief over view of each, and , their recommendations.
Old March 23rd, 2005, 09:11 PM
Penny Mason

Thanks westcoastfun, I found the thread earlier today, but there are so many posts in the thread that it is hard to follow it all. I may try again when I have more time. We are so excited, only 9 days to go. Spending a couple of days in New Orleans before and after the cruise. This is our third cruise (mine and my sister's), our first on Carnival without the kids. How about you? We are looking forward to making new friends and having a great time. We loved our last Carnival cruise (Sensation 2002) and decided that we definitely wanted to go Carnival again for this one. Maybe we will have a chance to meet up on board. Hope you have a great cruise too!
Old March 23rd, 2005, 11:02 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Conquest April 3-10

Penny, hey glad you found it. But just go to the last page dont even try to read all that or you will be sitting there forever and miss your boat!!
Great bunch! My boyfriend and I are the only ones going on this. No kids this time! Next time though! Already planning next one. Yes they are planning a meet and greet on the ship the first day just after boarding. Anyways I am blabbing! remember too much to read go to the last page that will be the most recent. Leah
Old March 25th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Girlsjustwanttohavefun

westcoastfun,

What time is the meet and greet and where at? Maybe we can come and meet everyone. Thanks.
Old March 25th, 2005, 06:52 PM
carribelle

It's getting closer !!!! We can't wait. We have decided to do sunset beach in jamaica and just get off the ship in grand cayman and look around. In cozemel we are doing the Nachi cocum all inclusive resort. we just like to relax & enjoy the warm weather, although next week here in michigan it is suppose to be 55 degrees !!
Old March 26th, 2005, 01:18 AM
Cindy Rhea

Hi all!!! I'm Cindy, Penny's sister...Hope to meet you all!
PENNY are we ready yet?? Penny keeps telling me we have two tickets to paradise to pack my bags & come along........I say Penny I've been packed for two months!!
We're all going to have a great time!