CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   door decorating (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/201573-door-decorating.html)

nhtweety January 23rd, 2005 11:20 AM

door decorating

just a silly question. i have been on 2 cruises and did not see any doors decorated, what do people use?

Jim Bragg January 23rd, 2005 12:05 PM

Re: door decorating

The use everything and I do mean just about everything. <G> Giftwarapping paper, ribbons, cardboard signs, balloons, tinsel, etc, etc. This is usually done only with fairly large groups and they often have contest for the best theme or door. I know the crew does not want you to use duct tape or any other tape that leaves residue when it is removed as it is such a pain to clean off. Also please remove and clean it off at the end of your cruise.
Jim

cthrn27 January 24th, 2005 07:42 AM

We put up a couple of basketball decorations from a local card/party shop. They helped my teenage/preteen kids find the room more easily.

Happy Camper January 24th, 2005 10:40 AM

We use just paper decorated with pictures and balloons.. :) Also a fun way to see your cabin from the pier is to put a balloon in the window... :) Debbie

Tasha January 24th, 2005 01:10 PM

What do you use to adhere stuff that comes off easily? Anyone know?

cruznRN January 24th, 2005 09:15 PM

The doors on both the Glory and the Conquest were made of "formica- like" material.(actually the same pattern as my counter-top at home) Regular scotch tape worked well and was easily removed with out any residue.

We decorate our doors so that we can easily identify our rooms and those of our traveling companions. I know we could use the numbers, but this is more fun. Last cruise we were celebrating anniversaries and birthdays while on board so we used birthday and anniversary decorations. Our first cruise we used "Sponge Bob" and our friends (who happen to play in a band) used a "Rock n Roll" theme.

We have not seen many doors decorated, but we rock to the beat of a different drummer anyway and like to be a little different.

Have Fun!!

Lesley

Conquest 9/03
Glory 9/04
Valor 4/05

img]http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown.php?month=04&year=2005&day=24&hour=16:00[/img]

nhtweety January 24th, 2005 10:25 PM

Thanks to all those who responded. i think we may decorate the door this time. it sounds like fun

Tasha January 24th, 2005 11:17 PM

Re: Re: door decorating

I think we are going to do a beach scene with dolphins since we are going to do a dolphin swim.

shanenstac January 25th, 2005 09:38 AM

Lesley,
I see that you cruised on the Glory in Sept. 04. I'm cruising on the Glory May of this year. Can you tell me anything about it? How was the food and service? I've been on the Triumph, and this is my 2nd cruise. Thanks in advance for any info!
Staci

Jim Bragg January 25th, 2005 12:43 PM

We were on the Legend I believe when there was this huge group of Jimmy Buffet fans or as they call themselves "ParrotHeads". There were a couple of hallways that were completely decorated, not only the doors but the ceilings, walls, etc! It was a hoot!
Jim

DPMinc January 25th, 2005 03:22 PM

We are planning on decorating our door and room with a Mardi Gras theme. We sail in 4 days.

Paul

workinmomof3 January 25th, 2005 03:31 PM

I've seen people decorate with many different things, but they also used a write on/wipe off board in the middle, so kids/friends could leave notes where they are, where/when to meet... we are cruising in 61 days and will be buying one for our door.

my3dogs January 25th, 2005 09:09 PM

We cruised on the Conquest this past Thanksgiving with another family. I put a dry erase board on my door. Boy did it come in handy. Even the couple across the hall wrote notes to us on it. My two college-aged kids were in the room next to us, so we kept up with them by way of notes (and threats for not being late for dinner!). I used velcro to stick it up onto the door. On the last day I just peeled off the velcro. Mine came from Dollar Tree.

Holiday -- Nov., 2002
Conquest -- Feb, 2004
Holiday -- Sept, 2004
Conquest -- Nov, 2004
Sensation -- March, 2005