Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2005, 05:01 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Bo
Default Isla Roatan Beaches

We are on the Valor in March and stopping at Isla Roatan. We are looking forward to a nice relaxing beach day and notice the ships excursions are to Parrot Tree Beach and Tabyana Beach. Anybody have any info either good or bad on either of these two locations. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2005, 06:33 PM
MR

Default Re: Isla Roatan Beaches

honest opinion? compared to world class beaches like trunk bay in st john, the beaches in roatan are nothing. seaweed, flat, no scenery, sorry
Old January 23rd, 2005, 07:50 PM
gatorclaw

Wow. That was harsh. Now, I've never been to Roatan, but I'm going on Valor in March as well (March 6), and many people have said Tabyana beach is the most beautiful beach they've ever seen. Now, they may not have been to the magnificient Trunk Bay, but I think it's safe to say from some of the pics I have seen- it's not too shabby.

Also I've read (on a different board) that Tabyana is great and, but lots of people. Parrot is more secluded.
Old January 23rd, 2005, 08:04 PM
MR

Default Re: Re: Isla Roatan Beaches

Well i guess these people are far more sophisticated, and more worldly traveled than me. i have been all over the world several times and if they say, that roatan has the most beautiful beaches, well i must have been to another roatan. I would be curious if these people have been to the south pacific, like tahiti or bora bora, french poly., etc, or hawaii or just about anywhere else . roatan is a nothing island to begin with, but who am i to dispute with other people and their opinions.
Old January 23rd, 2005, 08:53 PM
pcboston

Bo,

Not everyone can afford Tahiti or the South Pacific, or even Hawaii, but we save all year and take a cruise to some beautiful places. Roatan is a very poor country. I was there the first week of Nov. and we spent the day at Tabyana Beach. We loved our day there, and I have also been to Trunk Bay in St. John. Tabyana is run by the cruiseline, and it is very clean and the water is warm and beautiful. Our choices on our Norwegian cruise were Tabyana or Fantasy Island, but at the port talk, we were told that they treat the sand at Tabyana for sand fleas and at other beaches on Roatan they do not, so that is why we picked it. We didn't regret our choice and I would go back anytime. Hope this is helpful.
Old January 23rd, 2005, 09:22 PM
MR

Boston glad you enjoyed it, i wasnt crricizing anyone, just hard to believe that people could say that it was the most beautiful beach they ever saw, when compared to so many beautiful beach locations not only in the caribbean but world wide. But everyone is entitled to their opinions. regards,
Old January 24th, 2005, 02:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

We went to Tabyana Beach in June 04, it was a very nice beach, certainly not the most beautiful I have ever seen but the snorkling there was simply amazing, beautiful coral reef and fish. I would highly recommend Tabyana Beach. It was also nice that they had a bus running every 20 minutes or so, that way you could leave when you were ready to. BTW there is also a row of shops right in front of where the ship docks.
Old January 24th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

Roatan is a third world country, however you need to look past that as it is a beautiful, lush, green tropical jungle island with wounderful beaches. I am also on the Valor and this will be my 2nd trip to Roatan. The water is clear with diversified marine life, great for diving and snorkeling (it is a world class site). You will t otally enjoy this island if you keep an open mind - look past the poverty to the beauty of the land and the ocean. Katie
Old January 24th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

Roatan is a third world country, however you need to look past that as it is a beautiful, lush, green tropical jungle island with wounderful beaches. I am also on the Valor and this will be my 2nd trip to Roatan. The water is clear with diversified marine life, great for diving and snorkeling (it is a world class site). You will t otally enjoy this island if you keep an open mind - look past the poverty to the beauty of the land and the ocean. Katie
Old January 24th, 2005, 10:03 AM
First Mate

One of the nicest beaches I've ever been to was Island Beach State Park, right here in New Jersey. Now of course it's not going to compare as far as snorkeling goes, but the water was beautiful deep clear blue and the beach powdery sand. If I can't get to the Islands, it's a nice alternative.

Carnival Destiny 3-9-97
Carnival Sensation 3-14-98
Carnival Imagination 3-13-99
Carnival Spirit 3-8-03
Carnival Valor 3-20-05
Carnival Fantasy 9-1-05
Carnival Liberty 1-7-06
Carnival Legend 8-16-06
Carnival Miracle 5-16-09
Carnival Splendor 5-17-13

Carnival Sunshine
Old January 31st, 2005, 12:49 PM
First Mate

We did not go to the beach in Roatan...went for island tour instead. Heard no complaints from fellow cruisers. They all had fun on the beaches. Did see lots of bites from chiggers? You could tell who had gone to the beach from the bites on their back. Take bug stuff with lots of DEET!
Karyn
Old January 31st, 2005, 02:42 PM
LisaV

Was in Roatan last week, don't remember which beach, but it's the one where Foster's Resort is. No reef like Tabayna, but not the crowds either. And yes, it did have sand fleas, the 6-12 bites on my back are almost healed (they look like mosquito bites, but itch less), Karyn got to observe mine and another gentleman's while we were laying out on the ship after.
This beach was one of the most beautiful beaches I've seen! This island was one of the most beautiful islands I've seen. I would recommend any beach here!

Lisa