Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2005, 06:13 PM
Mary R.

Default Info on the Triumph

Hi,
I am looking for any good info on the Triumph. Are there any restaurants that you pay to eat in?? Where is the best pool for adults to hang out at? What are the shows that we shouldn't miss? Are there game shows everyday? Any info would be helpful.
Thanks a lot.
Mary R.
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2005, 08:31 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Info on the Triumph

Mary, The Triumph Class does not have a specialty dining room. The pools are located on the Lido and Panorama decks and it seems that the adults like the pool in the very aft of the Lido deck. They are of course in all pools but few kids seem to frequent the aft one. We are the types that attend all the shows each evening especially the production shows and the guest talent show. You will also have comedians, jugglers, magicians, etc depending on who is booked for that week. Some will also have a midnight 'adult' show which is often fun so long as you are not easily offended as it is definately adult rated. There are game shows, bingo, dance classes most of the time in thse showlounge etc as well as kareokie (sp), in addition to games by the pool during sea days. Check your Carnival Capers newspaper each night to find out what is scheduled for the next day. Many people keep a copy with them at all times just to keep track of the many activities.
Jim

Old January 24th, 2005, 07:16 AM
T&Kclarke

Hi Mary, when will you be going on the Triumph ? I will be going on March 12to 19th....I would like to know some of those things also.
Tina
Old January 24th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Passenger

Hello Fellow Triumphers,

Just wanted to pop in and say have a great time. We will be on theTriumph on April 9th...anyone else?

Jim, you forgot to mention the most important feature of the ship........Wee Jimmy (who I am dying to meet!)

Triumph April 9th 2005!
Destiny 2004
Spirit 2002
Paradise 1999
Old January 24th, 2005, 04:16 PM
tinna

i can't wait to meet wee jimmy too, i am going in june
Old January 24th, 2005, 05:15 PM
DENISE H

i have been on the triumph twice there is no restaurants you have to pay money
the cabins were always neat and clean,the food was great , the shows were fun
if you get mark price for a cd he is alot of fun we had a lot of fun on your shore excursions the staff was always freindly and helpfull we had a grear time on your cruises
Old January 24th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Info on the Triumph

Hi Mary,

I went on the Triumph last September. All the shows were good so try to catch them all if you can. The ones which stood out in my mind was the "Wonderful World" show and the magic show performed by "Kevin & Caruso".

As for the game shows, I remember we played "Who Wants to be a Millionaire". There may have been others but that was the only one we played so I that's all I can tell you about. As other have mentioned above, there is no specialty restaurant.
Old January 25th, 2005, 05:00 AM
BigCraig

We did the Triumph 12-11-2004 to 12-18-2004, here is the link to my long review left on this board back in Dec, hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Happy Sailing, email me anytime.

http://cruise-forums.com/forums/read...=94252&t=93705
Old January 25th, 2005, 08:15 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Eaky77

I see that someone mentioned the "Kevin & Caruso" show, it was great, and I loved it! The only thing that upset me was they were selling cd's of the music used in the show at the end of the show, and well, they didn't mention that it is only 30 second clips from each song. I was really disappointed when I got back and that is all it was. I just thought they should have mentioned that. They were a great show to see!!!!!!

Erin

09-24-06 Destiny
10-02-05 Valor My favorite yet!
10-23-04 Triumph (Honeymoon of my dreams)
12-24-94 Holiday
Old January 28th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Mary R.

Thanks for all of the info. I didn't think there was a specialty restaurant which is just find, but wanted to know for sure. We are leaving on 4/23 and that date can't get here soon enough.

I hope I didn't sound like I don't like kids, because I do, but sometimes its nice to have a little quiet time by the pool.

It sounds like everything about the ship will be great and I'm sure that we will try and see all of the shows, including the late night.

Thanks again and have fun whenever your ship sails.
Mary R.
Old January 28th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Paralegal

My boyfriend and I did the Triumph last September and had a great time. Even though our 7 day E. Caribbean was changed to a 5 day W. Caribbean due to Hurrican Jeanne. We met Wee Jimmy in person, and even sat with him during a few of the shows. He is a riot and a great Assistant CD. We went to the comedy shows, the Vegas style show and the guest talent show. They were all pretty good. We went to the disco one night, but most of the ships employees were in there, and it seemed really packed. So we left and went to another show room and heard the live band. I don't remember their name, but they were pretty good. We ate dinner in the dinning room and breakfast (if we got up) and lunch at the buffet. Never had a problem with huge lines. Hope you have a great time.
Old January 28th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Info on the Triumph

Erin,

Did you also get your picture taken with the snake? I did! I loved that show too. I'm going on Carnival Destiny next year and I hope the shows will be as good as they were on the Triumph.
Old January 28th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

did a back to back on the Trimuph in 2001 and totally loved every minute of it. Only complaint - even 2 weeks is not long enough on a cruise. Enjoy the ship, she is wonderful. Katie
Old January 28th, 2005, 08:44 PM
yaya

i'm going on March 12th to the 19th!! I'm so excited, I have never been on a Carnivals ship