Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default ? - 1A Porthole cabins Conquest class

Can anyone tell me about these cabins? Some of the #s are 1207, 1211, 2207,2211. Any infor would be appreciated as I have booked one on a back to back. Thanks Katie
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Default Re: ? - 1A Porthole cabins Conquest class

They are in the bow. They also have porthole windows. The beds are twins. I don't think they are bunks on this ship but you might want to confirm that with your TA or someone here might know for sure. I think the second bed is the sofa that makes into a bed. They are subject to much more movement during rough seas and if they have to drop anchor you WILL know it. <G> You can also often hear the seas punding off the bow. Motion and those noises are heaven to me so I am happy with one of those cabins but some people may not be hence the reason they are 1A.
Jim

Old January 26th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Admiral

I've never actually stayed in one, but stuck my head in when we were boarding lhe Glory last time. No frills - very small - iron bunk beds (think summer camp as a kid). Definitely a room for someone who doesn't plan on spending much time in their cabin.

My son and I pondered whether we could book one - such a great price - because we've done an inside (4d) before. Decided that the price difference between a 1A and a 4A wasn't that much and we would stick with the 4A.

Of course that being said, our 2nd cruise we ended up upgraded from an oceanview to a balcony and are now HOOKED on a balcony! My dh is too claustophobic for an inside, but my son and I could do it again.

Let me know how it works out.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old January 26th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the info. I love the sound of the waves and the movement. Lived on a 55' for quite a while and miss those sounds. Katie