Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2005, 07:57 AM
CWolsten

Default Beware laundry cabins VALOR

Beware of Laundry Cabins on Valor. Just back from E. Caribbean will answer any questions. Cabin 6387 across from 24 hr. laundry room. Laundry room on every deck. Not only do you suffer the noise from the machines, but worse, the clucking of the women meeting to do laundry at 6:00 am !!!! And I mean groups of women, loud and rude!!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Beware laundry cabins VALOR

I think I might have written a little "note" and posted it in the laundry so it would be very obvious to everyone. Sometimes people don't realize that they are being loud and think that if they are up, everyone is up. If you approached them and they were rude with you then I feel for you. I always wondered if those rooms near the laundry were loud. What the heck were they doing laundry for every morning anyway ! Thanks for the warning, I always try to book cabins away from the stairs and elevators, but like I said the laundry room might have slipped my mind. (Don't you hate it when a group of people just stop right in the aisle of a store and have a reunion, completely oblivious to those who want to pass? Or the people who stand right in front of the elevator door so you can't get off)
Old January 27th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Admiral

Why are they doing laundry on a cruise anyway/? I go on a cruise to relax,,,not do laundry! I can easily take aboard enough clothing for a seven day cruise, and still have plenty of room left over in my suitcase.......Laundry should only be for emergencys! Sorry about your lousy cabin.
Better luck next time.
Ken
Old January 27th, 2005, 02:54 PM
hschipper

Skymaster,
Maybe they were on back to back cruises and didn't have room to pack for 2 whole weeks???? Not sure why else you would do laundry on vacation. I guess if had young children (especially infants) who go through several outfits a day, you might need to do laundry.
Old January 27th, 2005, 06:34 PM
cali-croozer

Those laundry rooms are always busy. I usually do a couple of loads on the last day so everything is fresh for our post-cruise touring (family of 4---too many clothes to pack otherwise).
Old February 3rd, 2005, 09:28 PM
Admiral

I was not on your ship, but just got back from our cruise and maybe I'm crazy but yes I did laundry while I was there, not just once, but OMG twice...I must surely be losing my mind eh? Truthfully, I was travelling with my husband and our two small kids and it took 2 days to drive to the port and we chose to spend a few days pre-cruise in New Orleans as it is one of my favorite places to visit. After the cruise we had planned to drive to Panama Beach to visit my parents for a few days and then we had another two day drive to get home. So I think it makes a lot more sense to pack 5 days worth of clothes and do laundry a couple of times rather than lug around 14 days worth of clothes and two small children. If anyone has a better idea aside from buying a new wardrobe from the giftshop daily I'd sure appreciate it. Trust me in spite of having the arduous task of doing laundry twice during my cruise, I had a lovely time and plenty of time to relax. I am quite certain that if the laundry facilities were not needed and being utilized that the cruise line would put that space to a more profitable use. It is unfortunate that people were being loud and rude while using the laundry, I agree with the previous poster about leaving a nice informative note letting people know that loud conversations are disturbing to guests in nearby cabins, and I would not hesitate to complain to the ship's staff about it or worst case scenario see if I could stuff my ears with cotton or possible buy some ear plugs while in port. Thanks for sharing your experience, hopefully it will spare others from choosing a cabin in this noisy location.
Old February 4th, 2005, 01:42 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Why should someone who is in a cabin in that location have to "plug their ears" to get some peace and quiet? Why can't those people who want to do laundry wait QUIETLY??? How would they feel if people lined up outside their cabin and started talking and laughing. It is the Golden Rule....do unto others as you would have them do unto you. If you chose not to follow that rule, be prepared for others to get angry and call security or the pursers desk and complain.

COMMON COURTESY folks!

Old February 4th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Admiral

Did someone say it was ok to behave rudely and disturb others cruises? As I said in my previous post I wouldn't hesitate to post a note or to complain. However if that was not a satisfactory solution and didn't solve the problem I would likely have to plug my ears as a last resort, rather than allowing something I could not control to ruin my vacation.
Old February 4th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Big Craig

Why dont they just have decent hours that it is open, when something is open 24 hours a day it knid of tells you it is ok to do as you would anytime of day.

We live in a nice apt building (made of wood, not cement blocks) each building has 6 apts on 1 side and 6 on the other, I work midnights so on my days off it is not unusual for me to do laundry at 3am, we have had neighbors complain because the entire building shakes during the spin cycle, even the office has had the nerve to tell us we are not to do it until 9am and not after 10pm, what to do now? I sleep during the day and there machines can be heard but that is normal????

I hate apt living, sorry fellow cruisers had to vent
Old February 5th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

putting a nice note in the laundry room is a great idea!!!! if that dont work, make the sign bigger? unplug the washer? uh............ people are actually awake at 6a on vacation?