CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Long threads (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/201646-long-threads.html)

Jim Bragg January 27th, 2005 04:43 PM

Long threads

Hi peoples. <G> It has been asked what the longest thread we ever had was and IIRC is was over 250 posts. That no longer exists as we deleted it. Reason is as follows. When folks click on a thread, or if they view all messages, it takes forever and a day to download them for a number of people who do not have DSL or other very high speed connections. It also take up quite a bit of active bandwidth. In addition the thread also often goes off in a completely differant direction than the original idea. <G> The reason I am tell you all this is to aks that we always try to keep any thread under a 100 posts maximum and preferably 50 posts so that we don't clog up anyones computer or lines. When a thread gets that long just start a new one that refers to the old one or what you are now talking about. That helps everyone and I am sure is greatly appreciated by all. Just a little insight into how we try to keep the boards and really the entire website easy to manage and navigate for everyone. Thanks again.
Jim

PS Oh, the reason there isn't a spell-checker built right in is that the staff would never be able to get any of their posts out, especially me! <LOL>

Donna January 27th, 2005 04:55 PM

Re: Long threads

Hi Robo,
You got that right, I never did well in spelling.............ugh!

Cruiseguy January 27th, 2005 05:05 PM

Jim, thats not quite true, there is NOW a thread over 350 on the singles board.

Cruiseguy January 27th, 2005 05:08 PM

Sorry Jim, thats 342 posts on one thread in the singles board.

Jim Bragg January 27th, 2005 06:27 PM

Okay, the moderator on the singles board is someone that I really just never check on as she is so great and, well, I'm not single so......<G>
Jim

hwireman January 27th, 2005 06:40 PM

Hey now ya all...that is my our that you are talking about. We actually started a new post since the first one also got over 300 posts long. Come Feb. 28th we will be starting another post. We also never go off topic because all we can talk about is our upcoming Valor cruise. Do we get some sort of Cruisemate Blue Ribbon for people who talk too much or anything? I think that would actually beat out the "ship on a stick." LOL

Happy sailing people and be safe,
Heather

Paul B January 27th, 2005 06:51 PM

Re: Re: Long threads

I believe there was one well over 300 posts long on the gripes board that eventually got mercifully deleted.