Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Lisa Wilson

Default Valor-Naussa-St. Thomas-St. Maarten

I would really appreciate any information on this ship/excursions/dining or just some tips on first time cruising. We have planned a our first cruise in July and will be visiting Naussa, St. Thomas, St. Maarten. Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Valor-Naussa-St. Thomas-St. Maarten

Why don't you to www.carnival.com and look there? There's loads of information from the ship to the activities to the shore excursions.
Old January 30th, 2005, 01:36 PM
First Mate

We have been to both Nassau and St. Thomas. You might try the sights at the Atlantis
Hotel, a beach, or water sport in Nassau. When in St. Thomas don't miss Paradise
Point. It will give you beautiful, breathtaking view worthy of an entire roll of film. St. Thomas is truly a tropical paradise. Shopping is good, people friendly, and the
beaches beautiful. I can't comment on the Valor since we will be sailing on her in
April to the Eastern Caribbean. I have seen pictures and she looks wonderful. We
love history and the Valor is full of it. Please check out the articles on this website
about what to expect on your first cruise experience. All the articles are very helpful.
Carnival.com also has hints and FAQ sections for information. This will be our 5th
cruise and believe you can't go wrong with Carnival for a great vacation at a reasonable
price. The ONE thing we recommend is to take full advantage of the formal nights. Dress up, attend the Captains Party, eat in the formal dining room, and have your
picture taken 2 or 3 times. Then pick the best picture to take home to remember your
cruise. Also, when dining in the formal dining room, you can order more than one
appetizer or entree. Don't be afraid to try new things. Carnival's roasted pumpkin soup
is really great. Feel free to email us for more information.
Happy Sailing.......
Old January 30th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to mojo2rusty Send a message via Yahoo to mojo2rusty

The Strawberry Soup is to die for too! We are going on the Valor in December. I have been to St Thomas and as stated above it's beautiful. We took a boat over to St John, Trunk Bay to snorkle. The beach there was so nice and the snorkeling was great. We shoped down town and did take a short tour of the island. THey took us up to the highest place on the Island where you can look down across the pier. A must see. You will also love St Marteen. Take a tour and hear a little history of the island.

Happy sailing

Carnival Triumph Dec 2002
Carnival Conquest Dec. 05, 2004
Old January 31st, 2005, 09:00 AM
Lisa Wilson

Default Re: Re: Valor-Naussa-St. Thomas-St. Maarten

Gee, I didn't think of that....I am looking for do's and don'ts. I don't think I'll find that info on Carnival's website but thanks for the tip.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 04:59 PM
Lisa Wilson

What is the big draw at Atlantis? Is there horseback riding offered anywhere other than St. Maarten? Any cabins you would recommend?
Old February 3rd, 2005, 07:34 AM
Admiral

Lisa, the big draw at Atlantis is the Aquarium/Dig. Its is amazing and so worth the cost of admission. The hotel itself is just amazing, its gorgeous. If you want to go to the beach, you can rent a day room at the Comfort Inn next door which gives you access to the beach at Atlantis for much less than the cost of a room at Atlantis.
On St. Thomas and St. Maarten the big draws are the beaches, snorkeling and shopping, go to www.vinow.com for some great information.
Try different foods in the dining room, if you don't like it, send it back and order something else, its no big deal, your wait-team want to make you happy. Definately take part in at least one Formal Night, its great fun, the food is top-notch and its a great opportunity to get a formal portait taken which makes a great momento and gifts.
Anything specific that you have concerns or questions about??
Old February 12th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Lisa Wilson

Can anyone provide me further info on Atlantis, is it nothing more than a hotel and also snokeling at Trunk Bay is this the place to snorkel? What and where is the Blue Lagoon? We were going to try the horseback excursion. Has anyone did this? I also wanted to know what is so special about the Supper Club, what's the draw here? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Lisa
Cruising Valor 7/4/05