Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2005, 11:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default what are the best excursions for elderly in Progresso, Cozum

What are the best excursions for the elderly in Cozumel, Belize and Progresso. We are going on a cruise and taking my dad and I want him to have a fantastic time also! He loves cruising and wants to stay behind in ports so as not to put a damper on our visit. I want him to have fun too! He can walk -- feet hurt all the time -- but not for long distances. We have a wheelchair for him. Any suggestions from anyone? Thanks
cheryl
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: what are the best excursions for elderly in Progresso, C

Which shore excursions are recommended for physically challenged guests?

It depends on the type and degree of the disability. In general, if guests are able to walk on their own, we recommend those excursions that are designated as easy or moderate activity. See specific excursion activity level icons. (at the Carnival website under shore excursions)

If guests are non-ambulatory, we generally recommend independent transportation for their comfort and convenience. Our shore excursion staff can provide them with excursion suggestions. We also recommend that non-ambulatory guests be accompanied by someone who is able to assist them throughout the duration of the excursion. Some ports of call require tenders to go ashore, and that may preclude non-ambulatory guests from leaving the vessel.
Old January 30th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Admiral

A couple that I can recommend are;
Belize, Altun Ha/River Wallace. That tour is NOT wheel chair accessable but it is also not strenous at all. There is an open riverboat ride so make sure he has sunscreen and a hat. The Belize Zoo & City tour is also anothe option but there is more walking involved.
Cozumel; Eco Adventure by Jeep. Great tour and he will be in a jeep. The Jeep Adventure is also easy to do as is Passion Island Adventure. During the evening is you ship stay late you have a number of boat cruises to choose from.
Progresso; I recommend a tour of Merida or even the bullfights if that is what he enjoys.
Jim

Old January 30th, 2005, 05:00 PM
sls

Maybe he just wants to stay behind and enjoy the peace and quiet of a fairly empty ship.

sls
Old January 31st, 2005, 06:08 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: what are the best excursions for elderly in Progress

I agree with Jim. We did the River Wallace..through the ship as you may need that guarantee. The trip was not hard. We had several seniors and handicapped. Wheel Chair not recomended.
Coz has wonderful beaches. We went to Chaukannab..Spelling..it was a short cab ride. Had to walk or wheel about a block to the beach and food.
Have a good trip.