Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Passenger

Default So anxious, can't wait to find out cabin number

DH and I are sailing Monday, Feb 7 on the Fascination. Booked a gty. I've tried the trick of going to fun pass and purchasing gifts, but my cabin still says "gty". Do you guys know if a number will show up on that page before we sail?
The only "bad" cabin I ever had on Carnival was really hot. The room temp was in the 80's and we could not get it cooled down in there. Maintenance could not fix it either. They gave us floor fans to use. Could not move us because the ship was full, but we got shipboard credit of $200 each. Of course, we spent that and more.
Thanks for your time in replying.

Sensation
Destiny
Imagination
Holland's Noordam
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2005, 04:12 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to TC(Top-Cat)
Default Re: So anxious, can't wait to find out cabin number

Joln

Do you have your tickets yet? The number is usually embedded in the numbers on the back of your sign and sail (I think). Will be a letter and then the number.

On Glory - 05-06-06

Sensation,Jubilee ,Maj.of the Seas,Conquest, Victory.
Old January 30th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the tip TopCat. It only says TBA.

Are the ships usually full? Is that how they are able to upgrade because of some empty cabins?
Old January 30th, 2005, 06:23 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to TC(Top-Cat)

I found this article and found it intresting regarding TBA cabins and how they are assigned. this is how it was explained...

One way the cruise lines have found to sell the least expensive cabins is by having a great lead in price on a TBA…or GTY cabin assignment. In this reservation, you pay for an inexpensive cabin but you are not assigned a cabin until very close to the sail date. The cruise line "guarantees" you that you will get the category that you paid for, or maybe betterone. This gives the cruise line the chance to sell the same inexpensive cabins over and over, moving previous purchasers up into higher cabins. Some ships are built with this process in mind. For example, Carnival ships have very few category 1A cabins (the least expensive cabin in a Carnival ship). Carnival will sell more 1A cabins than they have available on a sailing. In order to “make room” for all of the cabins sold they just move the first purchaser up into the next category and so on. It also says that the cruise line will usually have a predeterminened number of rooms they will sell. This is probably not the only method they use though. Some are through advertised promotions, past guest specials, etc.

Hope this helps.

Post Edited (01-30-05 18:36)

On Glory - 05-06-06

Sensation,Jubilee ,Maj.of the Seas,Conquest, Victory.
Old January 30th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Passenger

You bet it helps!! Cruising is a more complex industry than I first thought. I have a gty 4A. Did not buy our tickets until late December 04. Will just wait and see. I'm thankful to have a warm and dry bed on there anywhere. Thanks again for the info.
Joln
Old January 30th, 2005, 08:59 PM
booboo4031

I have a 6a gty for a 4/4 sailing and the funpass is now showing a cabin assignment in the 6a category. Does anyone have any idea how likely it is to change since we are still 2 months out??