Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Admiral

Default Valor vs. Legend opinions pls..

Now that we have one excellent cruise under our belts, we are planning the next one for this fall. I have some excellent pricing for both of these ships and I'm really at a loss to make a decision between them.
The Valor is going from Miami to Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten and back to Miami.
The Legend is going from Fort Lauderdale to Belize, Limon Costa Rica, Colon Panama, and back to Ft. Lauderdale.
I like the Valor because it is a new ship and I have always wanted to go to the Bahamas and Virgin Islands. The Legend appeals to me as well because it is also a newer ship than the one we just cruised on and it has such an interesting itinerary. I am currently leaning toward the Valor, but not sure which one we should choose. At the end of the day I am sure no matter which one we go on we'll have a wonderful and memorable vacation.
I am also interested in feedback on the Camp Carnival facilities of both ships as well. Can any of the more experienced cruisers weigh in and share your experiences on either of these ships. Since Valor is so new I don't know if many here have cruised on both, but I would certainly appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2005, 01:54 PM
gymbrat33

Default Re: Valor vs. Legend opinions pls..

I just sailed the Valor for the pre-inaugural cruise to the Bahamas from December 15-17. It is absolutely beautiful and elegant. I've never sailed on the Legend though. On the Valor, Camp Carnival has a lot more activities geared for the kids than the other Carnival ships. There were a lot of articles about the kids' program on the Valor so that it will attract more people with kids.
Old February 6th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well I have never sailed on the Valor but have sailed on the Legend 2 times and going on her 1 more time in April of 2006. Both ships are have something in common. Both ships have more of a luxury touch to them unlike the glitz of Vegas with neon lights. Both the Legend and Valor have wood paneling and chandlairs and gold colors in the wood. Both seems to make you feel like on a luxurious ship. The Legend has a plus of 2 atleast. She is smaller then The Valor in which alot of people say you get lost and the Legend and the Spirit class in General are easy to navigate. The Legend gives you an extra day as well for almost the same price. Plus you might find cheaper airfare to Ft Lauderdale then to Miami. The only bad thing I see of the Legend is she goes to Belize. Never been there but hear its not good. If you go on the Legend, try the southern route. Much Better. Good Luck
Old February 6th, 2005, 02:56 PM
SJ

Just returned from the Legend in January and loved it. Truly! There are many mixed reviews about Belize. Our family chose the snorkelling in shark/ray alley and it was fabulous. There was shopping on that excursion, too. We really enjoyed San Pedro Island, Belize--it was beautiful and pristine and we got to swim with nurse sharks and sting rays (very cool for the kids, too). Belize is pristine and lovely and has the second largest coral reef next to the Great Barrier Reef. If you want excursions for just shopping's sake, perhaps you would rather do another itinerary. We are not really fond of alot of shopping and are more active and really enjoyed the itinerary and the ship. Service aboard the Legend was fabulous for us. We also really appreciated our waiters, Azem and Lindon, who made the dining experience even fun for our kids.
Old February 6th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Admiral

Both are good choices but consider the Glory as well. We have a great Cruisemates cruise going Sept 10th if that fits your schedule. Excellent pricing, great ports, and lots of fun people going.
Jim