Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2005, 06:26 PM
happy sailing

Default Alaska May/June - weather?

We are thinking about booking an Alaskan cruise for the last week of May beginning of June. What were your experiences weather-wise during this time frame in Alaska? I know weather can vary greatly from year to year, but an idea of what past travellers have experienced will give us a better idea of what we are getting into. Rainy, cold, warm, frigid, etc? Any other advice you might want to pass along would be appreciated too. Thanks a million!
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Brinda
Default Re: Alaska May/June - weather?

My family took an Alaskan cruise a couple of years ago during the first week of June. We didn't pack anything heavier than jackets. I did get really chilly on deck a couple of nights. We were on NCL and they put blankets on the deck for use. I remember purchasing some ear muffs from the gift shop on board to wear at night on deck. During our shore excursions, we wore sweatshirts and jackets. The jackets could always be tied around the waist if one got too warm.
Old February 5th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Jim Randle

You answered your own question when you said you knew it could vary greatly. We've seen very cool spells, with rain in may/june, and one of the prettiest, warmest cruises we took was in early June. If you want to be assured of warm, sunny weather, go somewhere else. If you are willing to accept what Mother Nature is dishing out, to get a chance to see some of the most magnificent scenery God has created, go to Alaska ( and take jackets, sweaters, and raingear).
Old February 6th, 2005, 09:18 AM
odie1

My wife and I were on the Spirit June 2 of 2004 for the North bound out of Vancouver. We had a balcony cabin. The weather was very nice that week. Temps in the 60's during the day and even in the low 70's a couple days. at night it got down in the 50's It rained on a couple days but cleared up later that same day. From what I understand that week was not the norm as far as temps went . or the lack of rain. But we had a wonderful trip. Hope you do To.
Old February 8th, 2005, 06:42 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly

We sailed 6/1/03 and the weather was surprisingly great. Never needed more than a warm-up suit and shirt by day. We were prepared to layer with sweaters and rain jacket/coats if needed. Plan accordingly.