Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2005, 09:59 PM
runway

Default Massage on Port Day Triumph

Has anyone recently had a massage on a port day and what was the cost and service like? My wife is interested and wants to plan to either enjoy 1 or look forward to a couple if the price is right.

Thanks !
Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2005, 10:07 PM
mikee

Default Re: Massage on Port Day Triumph

on the destiny in nov. massages on port days were I believe $89 for an hour massage
and on sea days $109 for the same it is some of the best money spent on a cruise as my wife and I usually get two on a seven day cruise. also I believe there is a discount for booking more than one of anything that the spa offers. have your wife schedule the massage on your first day of the cruise as they book up fast, have her schedule it for as late in the port day as she feels comfortable with and still have time to get ready for dinner.
Old February 7th, 2005, 10:31 AM
runway

thanks for the great advice. Thats about 25.00 more than here but "here" does not have the view, and splendor of being on a cruise and I agree before dinner to enjoy the evening is good. Thanks and any other advice is appreciated.
Old February 8th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams

89.00 for an hour massage .....hmmm even if that is the discounted price on port days....it is still to expensive for me. (not saying it is not worth it)

I think I will skip it and treat myself to a pre-cruise massage at a local spa.
At one of the local spa's here it is around 50.00 for an hour massage --- 70.00 for 90 minutes. So I think I will save the time and money by doing it pre-cruise.
Maybe I will book it a few days before I leave so that I will have some pre-cruise
relaxation.....hmmmmmmm sounds great.

Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002
Old February 8th, 2005, 09:53 AM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna

Wake where on earth do you live? Sounds like I need to move, a 90 minutes massage here (Tampa) is $85
Chyna

Old February 8th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Admiral

Every Spa experience for me has been $89 for a facial AND body massage. They were advertised as an IN PORT special but I book the time for about an hour after leaving the port. Very relaxing.

For $99 on the Spirit last November, I got a wonderful facial, excellent massage and a hair treatment. But because they were running an hour late, they generously discounted the whole thing $75! When it was over, I had to walk around for 2 hours with the stuff in my hair. I went down for the Gift Shop raffle drawing and WON!!! $500 of items the staff picked out! including one of the Carnival own expanding suitcases. Good thing because I really needed it then. I can't wait till I have one on the Radiance!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302