Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Passenger

Default Cavetubing in Belize

Who has done this and how was your experience? If you booked through an independant company, who did you use? We are thinking about doing this on our upcoming cruise but I want some info before we decide! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: Cavetubing in Belize

Jessica

We did it and had a blast. We used X-Stream and were very happy with them. However, depending on how long your ship is in port, for the few extra $$ you might want to consider taking the ship' s tour. We were in port for quite a while and had enough time. If time is tight I'd take the ship tour.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old February 10th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Admiral

We havev done it and did it through the ships tour. We had a wonderful time and the guide was very informative. They took us there on a newer bus and the guide pointed out points of interest along the way. We took a short walk through the jungle to the insertion point and after everyone was ready we jumped in out tubes. It went through two differant caves and then along a river to the extraction point closer to the buses. When everyone was ready we then rode to the Cheers Restaurant for lunch. From there we returned to the ship in time for some shopping at the port before going back to the ship. A number of people do independant tours but I have heard some that were pushing it to return in time to make the ship before it sailed. The big decieding factor is that if you are on a ships tour the ship will wait if you are late geting back. If you are on an independant tour, bring airfare home with you as the ship will not wait. <G>
Jim

Old February 10th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Lauren123

We booked through X-stream, it was awesome!!!!! Great price, great tour, great fun!!
Old February 10th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default Re: Re: Cavetubing in Belize

How long is the ride to the cave?
How long is the walk to the cave?
How long do you tube?
How deep is the water
anything I missed?
Old February 10th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Yeoman

My cruise buddies and I did this tour. Booked on the ship. One member of our group is nearly 70 and has had 2 bypasses and he made it easily. The drive to the site is quite long 1 1/2 hr appx. You stop for a bathroom break, snack etc at the Cheers bar (nothing like Boston) it is an open air cantina. Back on the bus to the river. Get your tubes AND LIFEJACKET and hike appx 1 mile through a beautiful tropical forest. Board your tube after some orientation about wildlife and float through 2 caves. The depth of the river varies with the rainfall. Our butts dragged through most of it and our poor tour guide had to pull a train of tubes through the 2nd cave because of the low water. The last 100 yards or so had a deeper pool of water and the corona (sp) fish nibbled (gently) at whatever hung in the water (butts and toes)they are harmless, but tend to freak people out if they get out of tubes and have a bunch of nibblers all at once. Once you finish the trip you carry your tube a short distance and return to the start point. We then boarded buses and returned to Cheers for a locally prepared lunch of chicken with peppers and tomato and rice made with coconut milk and red beans very good! Plenty of local beer. We arrived back at port just in time to buy a bottle of cashew wine and catch the last tender to the ship.
We relly enjoyed the trip.

Lesley
Old February 10th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Lauren123

How long is the ride to the cave?
How long is the walk to the cave?
How long do you tube?
How deep is the water
anything I missed?

i) about 1.5 hours, we booked with X-stream, and the tour guide was so fun!- it's better to book with them than the cruise (you don't have to wear life jackets!)
ii) Hmm, i don't even remember, it was really fun though, i think maybe 15 mins!?
iii)The ride in the cave took us about 2 hours (its soooo beautiful!)
iv) the water at most times is not very deep, however it does get deep, but no one in our group fell out, and i doubt you will!!

this is a really fun adventure!! Book with X-stream and you'll have an awesome time!
Old February 10th, 2005, 09:26 PM
lauren123

SORRY- the ride there is about .5 and hour!! not 1.5 hours! sorry!
Old February 10th, 2005, 09:26 PM
lauren123

half an hour
Old February 10th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

sure the water is deep enough to float? I'd hate to drag bottom most of the time -- takes the fun out of it!!!
Old February 11th, 2005, 10:42 PM
sa7776

We booked throught the boat. Had a great time. Our guides were very imformative and helpbul. I would also stress what an earlier poster about getting to the boat on time. The boat will not leave without the people who booked their tours through Carnival. If you book on your own and don't make it back the boat will leave you.
Old February 12th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Buffy

Default Re: Re: Cavetubing in Belize

We went with Reggie's, had a great time got back to the boat in plenty of time. Just try to be on the 1st tender after the ship crowd gets off. We were in the lounge early to get our tickets off the boat. His web site is **Commercial business website deleted**i recommend them without any problem, Enjoy your trip.

***Please note, you cannot list commercial websites or business***
Old February 13th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Sclmkl

Hi,

We did the cavetubing last tuesday ( can't believe were back already). It was so much fun. We booked through the ship and I am so glad we did. The ride was about an hour out pretty much in the middle of nowhere. The guide gave a talk about the island and it's history and it was very nice. When you get there, we were given time to use the facilites and get our selves organized. We then got our tubes and hiked through the rainforest. about half an hour. Our group before leaving all bought Land's end sea and sport shoes. They are hard soled water shoes. They look like sneakers but are water shoes. The terrain in the rainforest is quite rocky and uneven so wear something sturdy. Make sure you have closed toed shoes, I had to push off the rocks several times. After the tubing which took about an hour, with our guide the whole way ,we then could change into dry clothes in the changing rooms. We stopped at a restaurant on the way back ( buffet, not my taste) and then continued back to the ship. We got back with some time to shop at the pier shops. and then went back to the ship..It was one of my favorite tours.

Sue