CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   days inn hotel in miami nite before cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/201944-days-inn-hotel-miami-nite-before-cruise.html)

patticake February 11th, 2005 11:42 AM

days inn hotel in miami nite before cruise

how about the Days Inn hotel in miami either near the pier or the airport. has anyone stayed at these, if there is such a choice.? what about eating facilities near and trans. to pier next day and rates for this. nine of us traveling together, five adults and four children on the Victory to the western carribean on july 17th. do they have trans. from airport to the hotel? thanks patticake

ERAU123 February 11th, 2005 12:01 PM

Re: days inn hotel in miami nite before cruise

Patticake,

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Days Inn on the north side of the Airport. I can't remember the price, but I want to say around $60. The place was a dump, service was terrible, but the only good thing was the free shuttle to the port, which was the main reason why I chose it. I am not picky on my hotels either, I am a flight attendant and have stayed in some bad hotels, but this was the worse for me, bad neighborhood. They have some outside rooms, like an old motel, which they of course gave to us. Since it is like being pretty much in the ghetto for lack of a better term, me and my girlfriend did not feel safe at all, we went right back in and requested an inside room.

Hope this helps some,

Mark

Cruisingrandma February 12th, 2005 12:28 AM

We r staying at the LaQuinta when we go to miami. The one by the airport. I love LaQuinta hotels. they give the best service and the rooms r so clean and neat. They have 5 places on the premises to go to eat. A steak house. a Itallian Restaurnat, a Dennys. and 2 others. Cant go wrong. Try them u will love them too... Happy cruising...

kytten_kat February 12th, 2005 10:03 AM

I had friends recently stay at the Days Inn Miami Airport ... they were very very unhappy with it ... my friend and his family were just looking for a clean place to stay ... he was not impressed with the housekeeping dept ... the shuttle service was great ... if there had not been so many people wanting to use it and of course he had a group of 9 ... just not a place he would stay again at or even recommend ...

Candy

katenanna45 February 12th, 2005 11:18 AM

I always stay at the Wyndham Airport. Carnival does a preboard at this hotel and there is a shuttle to the port.

kytten_kat February 12th, 2005 11:39 AM

Can you explain what you mean by preboarding ... what is left to do at the port and such ...

Thanks

Candy

katenanna45 February 12th, 2005 12:25 PM

they check your paper work, id, etc and stamp boarding pass. When you get to the port you go straight to the line for sail and sign and picture, then on to the ship

waterbound February 13th, 2005 04:17 PM

There are 2 Days Inns near the Miami Airport location. Were any of these bad experiences at the 7250 NW 11th St address?(Days Inn Miami International Airport).
Both have free shuttle to the Port. I have a reservation for April, and am thinking that I may need to change it. We choose this one because of the port transportation, and it has a tour company operating on the premises. Plus the other Days Inn at the airport looked a little dumpy.
Thanks for the help !!

jleq February 13th, 2005 04:50 PM

Re: Re: days inn hotel in miami nite before cruise

The Days Inn I stayed at was Days Inn/MIA (I passed by "Airport North"...the other one....was totally unimpressed). The one I stayed at was typical "chain motel". But, since that was what I paid for, what I expected. I had no problems.

jleq February 13th, 2005 04:52 PM

Re: Re: days inn hotel in miami nite before cruise

The Days Inn I stayed at was Days Inn/MIA (I passed by "Airport North"...the other one....was totally unimpressed by both the property/neighborhood). The one I stayed at was typical "chain motel". But, since that was what I paid for, what I expected. I had no problems.

Sclmkl February 13th, 2005 07:41 PM

Just stayed at the Holiday INn biscayne blvd. It was right across from the bayside marketplace ( lots of fun)..It was a 10 taxi to pier for 4 of us. Hotel was beautiful and had a great buffet breakfast