Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Aly612

Default Margaritaville and Carlos n' Charlies

Has anyone ever been to either of these places? Margaritaville in Ocho Rios, jamaica and Carlos N' Charlies in Cozumal, Mexico? Are either of them worth maikng some time for when were at port? I've heard a lot of good thing about both.

Also, has anyone ever rented a car in grand cayman? I haven't heard of much to do here, except for stingray city and i'm not sure if i like the sound of all these stingrays swimming around me. Any info, greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Margaritaville and Carlos n' Charlies

I have heard great things about Carlos n' Charlies that is where I plan on going, I am going to the same three islands you just mentioned this time, when are you going, I could always let you know what I enjoyed.
Old February 14th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Passenger

We went to the Margaritaville in Montego Bay and it was the best one I've been to.
(New Orleans, Cancun, Key West) They have a web site you might want to look at.
Carlos & Charlie's was a giant drinking party! We had a good time there as well but watch what is going on. The are very pushy about shots and they aren't cheap and I just read on another board about a credit card that was skimmed there and over $7000.00 in fake charges were added. I know this can happen any where but this was a place alot of the people there will never remember what happened.
Old February 14th, 2005, 10:41 AM
PapBill

Aly612 please see the posted replies to your other question. There are important comments about your age and whether you can get on the ship at all.
Old February 14th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

I have been to C & C and it was a lot of fun! I am going there on the next cruise in 41 days for sure!!

Haven't been to Margaritaville, but have heard it's fun and I'm going there this cruise also.

I've stayed in GC before, but the ships don't tend to be there a long time and by the time you get from the dock to the rental car place, rent the car to drive around, then do it all again, I don't know if it would be worth it.
I did it in St Thomas, and it was kind of a pain,, but we had 8 people and transportation around the island was going to cost us a small fortune.

In GC, captain marvins has a 1/2 day package (actually 3 hrs) that you do stingray city, then go to 2 different snorkeling spots. It's only $39/person, so if you find you don't like the stingrays, you can just hand in the boat and go to the other spots.
Old February 14th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Nyla

C & C is lots of fun. We went snorkeling with the stingrays when we went to Grand Caymans and that was a blast too. We did not rent a car though.
Old February 15th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Passenger

Went to Margaritaville in Montego Bay.......small.....crowded.....couldn't get a table out on the patio....was disappointed. They stuck us 4 adult family members in a little to-the-side party room closed in.....wasn't that full of atmosphere. Felt kind of shut away from the scenery and party....sigh! Wasn't all that impressed with the food nor drink......maybe we just weren't in the mood for it...don't know.
Old February 15th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Kim S

We went to both places.

C&C was AWESOME!!! It was a non-stop party from when we got there (3pm) to when we left (10pm). The staff is really friendly. You'll get great service if you're a good tipper. They do "push" the shots on you, but if you just say "No, thank you" they'll move on to their next victim.

Margaritaville was nice. We were there mid-afternoon (about 1pm-3pm) and had to get back on the ship right as the fun seemed to be starting. It did seem quiet when we were there. The food was really good. Margaritaville is located in the "village" just a few steps outside of what we called the "safe" area. There's a long walk-way where only cruise passengers can go - no local rif/raf - and Margaritaville is at the end of the walkway. We felt safe because there was an armed guard with what looked like a machine gun looking out for tourists like us!!!! Not trying to scare you, but it is Jamaica.