Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2005, 05:44 PM
4 FUN

Default Holiday & Hotel Insurance

Has the Holiday been repaired since its runin with a dock in Mobile? Will be going on her in June.
Also, anyone know a good insurance co. for hotel rental. I am reserving 4 days in New Orleans using Hotels.com, it is my understanding if booked over internet there will be no refund if I have to cancel. It this correct? First time to book over internet.

Don't worry be HAPPY!!!!

Thanks,
Daphne

Ecstasy 04, 1997
Imagination 04, 2001
Holiday 06, 2004
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Holiday & Hotel Insurance

Hi Daphne. Don't understand your question about insurance for hotel rental???

Also, I don't know about the Holiday hitting a dock in Mobile. Repairs have been made concerning an engine problem, however, and the Holiday will be in dry dock in ...Sept.?, I think, for refurbishment.

You're staying in N.O. and driving to Mobile? Maybe that's a side trip before or after your cruise. Sorry, but maybe I just haven't had enough wakeup coffee today?

I love the Holiday, and have had four wonderful cruises on her. Enjoy!
Old February 17th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Dixie Lee

Holiday used to sail out of New Orleans from what I've heard, but now sails out of Mobile. Is New Orleans your pre-cruise stay? With the change in home port for the Holiday, it would be easy to get confused. We sailed on the Holiday in October 2004 out of Mobile. People have just come off the ship within the last couple of weeks, so I think it is safe to assume that she is up and running. Had not heard from anyone that she ran into a dock in Mobile. She did have some repairs recently, but was an entirely different problem. Had some refurb before setting sail out of Mobile - she is in excellent shape for a ship her age. If you book your hotel with a credit card, don't you get some trip protection with that? We have one particular card we use just for that reason.
Dixie Lee
Old February 17th, 2005, 11:56 AM
4 FUN

Sorry about confusion. These are 2 seperate trips.

About the damage, I read in a thread on this site about a New Years cruise that had engine trouble because the Holiday had hit something while entering Mobile. Just wondering if repairs had been made.

Thanks,
Daphne

Don't worry be HAPPY!!

Ecstasy 04, 1997
Imagination 04, 2001
Holiday 06, 2004