CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   cruises w/kids other than Disney? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/202078-cruises-w-kids-other-than-disney.html)

blackcat713 February 17th, 2005 09:12 AM

cruises w/kids other than Disney?

Hi..

We are getting ready to cash that income tax check and go on a cruise..but it's quite overwhelming!! We are taking the kids and I really want to steer away from the Disney cruise group..does anyone know of any other cruise that I could take my kids on and still have a "boat-load" of fun??

Thanks,

C.

OhioT's February 17th, 2005 09:22 AM

Re: cruises w/kids other than Disney?

We cruised the Conquest on 1/2/05 with an almost 4 year old girl and a 10 year old boy. They loved it, we loved it, the Camp Carnival is great. We were lucky, we took our kids out of school for the cruise, so there weren't many kids on the boat. I have never been on a Disney cruise, but if I'm going to spend that kind of money on Disney, it's going to be at Disney World, which we did a few years ago and had a BLAST!!

I highly recommend the Conquest (out of New Orleans) if you have any specific questions, please let me know.

Jim Bragg February 17th, 2005 09:33 AM

Carnival has an outstanding kids program as does RCI, especially on the Voyager Class ships. Those are the two other lines that I know personally have great programs but I have to believe that Princess and NCL do as well considering they are 'mainstream' lines.
Jim

Darcy February 17th, 2005 09:37 AM

We've cruised with our kids on both Carnival and Royal Carribean. While we had a great time on both lines, both the adults and kids preferred Carnival. The adults preferred it for the room size and food and the kids for the activities.

snowyowlone February 17th, 2005 10:39 AM

Carnival all the way! My dds (10 & 12) love it.

myspecialks February 18th, 2005 12:11 PM

Carnival is very family friendly..the kids love it!

Ginamarie February 18th, 2005 01:35 PM

We love Disney Cruiseline, but understand it's not for everyone. Based on my cruises, and my family's cruises, we found Carnival to be good for younger children (10 and under), and Royal Carribbean to be they way to go for older kids (10 and up).

SJ February 18th, 2005 09:30 PM

Having only been on Carnival, I cannot really comment on the Disney cruise. Carnival is great for all ages in my opinion. The kids have a blast with camp carnival or not. There is always something to do on a Carnival ship. Disney this and that sounds too much Disney for some adults although I am sure younger children love it. But imagine 7 days with Mickey Mouse! I prefer to Disney at Disney world.

chefkel22 February 19th, 2005 07:34 PM

Hi C:

Though you don't mention the ages of your children, we ourselves sailed with our 9 and 10 year old children last spring. We sailed Carnival Sensation and the kids had a great time. Once I was comfortable enough to let them go to the programs on their own, we all had a great time.

The programs are broken down by age 3-5yr, 6-8yr, 9-11yr, 12-15yr and 16&over. Our ship had 2500 passengers and 800 were kids. You would have never know it because you never saw the kids.

We had so much fun and are heading out on Carnival again this spring. This time the kids are brining friends (9 total between the ages of 10 and 17). They will have a great time.

E-Mail me if you would like further info.

Good luck and either way, enjoy your trip.

K

Nanatravel February 21st, 2005 05:59 PM

The newer Carnival ships and RCI ships are both fabulous for the whole family. Cabins on Carnival ships average 185 SF - inside or out, so room is larger without going to a suite. Prices are usually a good value too. Camp Carnival counselors really seemed to do a good job. Either line and you have a great choice of itineraries. Labadee for families is fun too.
Bon Voyage

Carnival_CD_AndiKX February 21st, 2005 07:52 PM

I have to agree with everybody this far Carnival is no. 1 in childrens entertainment and programs. Carnival is stepping it up a nocth and making more intellectual programs for the young minds. Camp Carnival is the best and Carnival is the best for family crusieing.