Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2005, 10:12 AM
blackcat713

Default cruises w/kids other than Disney?

Hi..

We are getting ready to cash that income tax check and go on a cruise..but it's quite overwhelming!! We are taking the kids and I really want to steer away from the Disney cruise group..does anyone know of any other cruise that I could take my kids on and still have a "boat-load" of fun??

Thanks,

C.
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2005, 10:22 AM
OhioT's

Default Re: cruises w/kids other than Disney?

We cruised the Conquest on 1/2/05 with an almost 4 year old girl and a 10 year old boy. They loved it, we loved it, the Camp Carnival is great. We were lucky, we took our kids out of school for the cruise, so there weren't many kids on the boat. I have never been on a Disney cruise, but if I'm going to spend that kind of money on Disney, it's going to be at Disney World, which we did a few years ago and had a BLAST!!

I highly recommend the Conquest (out of New Orleans) if you have any specific questions, please let me know.
Old February 17th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Carnival has an outstanding kids program as does RCI, especially on the Voyager Class ships. Those are the two other lines that I know personally have great programs but I have to believe that Princess and NCL do as well considering they are 'mainstream' lines.
Jim

Old February 17th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

We've cruised with our kids on both Carnival and Royal Carribean. While we had a great time on both lines, both the adults and kids preferred Carnival. The adults preferred it for the room size and food and the kids for the activities.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old February 17th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to snowyowlone

Carnival all the way! My dds (10 & 12) love it.

Mardi Gras 5X in the 80's
Holiday 93
Legend 03
Pride 2-1-04
Sensation 2-21-04
Valor 1-29-06
Next cruise 6-16-2010 on the Miracle!!!
Old February 18th, 2005, 01:11 PM
myspecialks

Carnival is very family friendly..the kids love it!
Old February 18th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Ginamarie

We love Disney Cruiseline, but understand it's not for everyone. Based on my cruises, and my family's cruises, we found Carnival to be good for younger children (10 and under), and Royal Carribbean to be they way to go for older kids (10 and up).
Old February 18th, 2005, 10:30 PM
SJ

Having only been on Carnival, I cannot really comment on the Disney cruise. Carnival is great for all ages in my opinion. The kids have a blast with camp carnival or not. There is always something to do on a Carnival ship. Disney this and that sounds too much Disney for some adults although I am sure younger children love it. But imagine 7 days with Mickey Mouse! I prefer to Disney at Disney world.
Old February 19th, 2005, 08:34 PM
chefkel22

Hi C:

Though you don't mention the ages of your children, we ourselves sailed with our 9 and 10 year old children last spring. We sailed Carnival Sensation and the kids had a great time. Once I was comfortable enough to let them go to the programs on their own, we all had a great time.

The programs are broken down by age 3-5yr, 6-8yr, 9-11yr, 12-15yr and 16&over. Our ship had 2500 passengers and 800 were kids. You would have never know it because you never saw the kids.

We had so much fun and are heading out on Carnival again this spring. This time the kids are brining friends (9 total between the ages of 10 and 17). They will have a great time.

E-Mail me if you would like further info.

Good luck and either way, enjoy your trip.

K
Old February 21st, 2005, 06:59 PM
Admiral

The newer Carnival ships and RCI ships are both fabulous for the whole family. Cabins on Carnival ships average 185 SF - inside or out, so room is larger without going to a suite. Prices are usually a good value too. Camp Carnival counselors really seemed to do a good job. Either line and you have a great choice of itineraries. Labadee for families is fun too.
Bon Voyage
Old February 21st, 2005, 08:52 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Carnival_CD_AndiKX Send a message via Yahoo to Carnival_CD_AndiKX

I have to agree with everybody this far Carnival is no. 1 in childrens entertainment and programs. Carnival is stepping it up a nocth and making more intellectual programs for the young minds. Camp Carnival is the best and Carnival is the best for family crusieing.