Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Back from Glory Eastern Caribbean - Any Questions?

Just returned from the Eastern Caribbean aboard the Glory - let me know if you have any questions.

Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to shanenstac
Default Re: Back from Glory Eastern Caribbean - Any Questions?

hi. i have tons of questions. did you post a review? my husband and i are cruising with my parents on the glory, may 14th of this year. how was the ship? how was the food, service, and overall atmosphere? thanks in advance.
what ports did you visit?we are going to nassau, st. thomas and st. martin. if you went to these same places, can you recommend (or suggest to stay away from) any shore excursions?
Old February 17th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Nassau - we weren't there long enough and it was a bit cold, breezy and the waves were quite high so we just walked around town. I hear that it is worth the trip to go over to Atlantis.

St. Thomas - Coki Beach is nice. My husband tried Snuba there and LOVED it. The scenary is breathtaking and they have an underwater building where you can view the ocean without getting in the water. It is also a GREAT place to purchase jewelry. I have bought diamonds from Beverly's twice and highly recommend them. The items I purchased were appraised for quite a bit more in the states than I actually paid - like more than half !!!!!!!

St. Maarten - We rented a 4x4 convertible jeep for the day. We went through Best Car Deal Rentals which is located right at the dock. Convenient and a lot of fun. It is a great island to tour around on your own......just be careful......the French side beaches are all clothing optional.

All in all it was a fantastic cruise. The Glory is a beautiful ship but hard to get around - which we think adds to the adventure. Food was great. Do NOT forget to book a night for dinner in the Emerald Supper Club. Well worth the $25 per person.

The seas were a bit rough (15-17 foot waves) the first two nights so there were many many seasick people. So much that the dining room was pretty much empty the first two nights. Once we entered the Caribbean Sea is was smooth sailing and weather in the high 80's with little or no humidity.

You will have a wonderful time. We are booking cruise #5 for May 2006. Once a cruiser always a cruiser.

Old February 18th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Will be on the same cruise 3/19/05. I have looked at the shore excursions on line and am wondering which snorkelling one to book and where. Any thoughts?
Old February 18th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks, DebC, for your time to tell us about GLORY!

ROXTEACHER, our favorite place to snorkel with a port stop in St.Thomas is Trunk Bay in St.John. The water is so very clear. The ship offers excursions or you can take the Red Hook Ferry. If it's your first time, you might consider one offered by the ship because that's a very easy thing to do.

Thanks again, Deb! WSEA
Old February 18th, 2005, 05:20 PM
cdezzz

Hi Deb,
Can we find coffee at 6am? We couldn't on a recent Celebrity Cruise. Any lounges you really enjoyed? Do they have wine tasting and afternoon tea? Thanks, cde
Old February 19th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Spike

Please describe.
Looking into this cruise being our first. We are both in need of some fun and relaxation.
The wife more then me.... Well since I will be with her Ill need a vaction from the vacation.