Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Passenger

Default kids/ports/camp carnival

I will be traveling with my 2 year old. Does camp carnival allow you to debark at port and let your child stay at camp carnival? Just wondering if someone could tell me how they do that?

Thanks,

Kimberly
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2005, 05:48 PM
cali-croozer

Default Re: kids/ports/camp carnival

Not sure about a 2 year old, but my son's friend (age 11) stayed in "camp" while his parents went to port because "all they do is shop!" (his words). You may also want to ask this on the family board.
Old February 17th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Admiral

Yes they do. However they recommend the child does not stay more than six hours at a time. Also read the Camp Carnival Capers. On our cruise in January they announced that children were to be picked up at 4:45 on both port days so the staff could prepare for dinner. That would not have been a problem except the 4 hour excursion we booked through the ship was more like 6-7 hours. Luckily we made it back right at 4:45. You may want to make a point of asking them the agenda for the day when you leave your child, just in case you miss something. They do a very good job in Camp Carnival. The only issue I had was with regard to the staff being more vigilant with regard to pottying. My 2 year old is potty trained however I sent her in pull ups just in case. Well I think that she had a problem communicating her need to go to the staff (I don't think they understood she had to pee, when she told them) and so she had accidents while there. But it is no major problem. She was immediately back in the saddle again as soon as we got off the ship and got into the car for the rest of our vacation and has done great ever since. Also be aware that if you sign the child in, no one else can sign the child out but you. Not even your husband. Make them aware of nap habits and I always would leave a sippy cup full of juice for the kids. They always had a great time and the slumber parties from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m. it was very popular, even though they just lay on the floor watch movies, have snacks and fall asleep together it was a big hit. For the two kids I paid $10 per hour and we always had them picked up by midnight. Oh yeah, we brought cheap umbrella strollers with us and they came in very handy when picking up your sleeping child from Camp Carnival. Carrying 30-45 pounds of sleeping child from one end of the ship to the other is no fun. You can rent them on board but you could buy two of them for what you'll rent one for. Also, if you have the kiddo in the stroller they usually will get you through embarkation in record time, with very little delay. Same with debarkation. Hope that helps you...
Old February 18th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Passenger

Thank you guys so much! I appreciate it!