Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2005, 02:12 PM
jason d

Default how much does beer cost on the ship?

I hate to beat this question up,cause i know many people prolly ask it,but how much are beers on the valor and should $1000 be good enuff to have as our amount we put on the sail card or our ship's credit key card?thank you........
Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2005, 04:15 PM
bjkeen

Default Re: how much does beer cost on the ship?

A lot. All alcohol purchased on the ship is very expensive. If I remember correctly beer is $4.00 or $4.50 a bottle. The fufu drinks are more.
Old May 31st, 2005, 04:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

On our 1st cruise, my hubby's bar tab for the week was $500. Not a lot when considering how expensive they are. Plus, I had a couple of mixed drimks myself. But he works hard all year, so let him chillax for a while.
Old May 31st, 2005, 04:40 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: how much does beer cost on the ship?

If I remember it is a bucket of beer (4 beers) 12.50.
Old May 31st, 2005, 06:22 PM
Admiral

I found all drink prices to be about what I pay on land in a bar.

Beers at Turner Field where I cheer for my beloved Atlanta Braves are $7, so ship beer doesn't seem expensive at all!

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old May 31st, 2005, 07:30 PM
Bridget

I live in NY, so 4.00 seems cheap to me. I pay at least 6 for a beer and 14 for a martini or cosmopolitan.

Bridget
Old May 31st, 2005, 08:44 PM
jason d

Thank you all for yor responses.Don't get me wrong it's not like i want to down a case of beers every night,it's just on sea nights i might wanna have a few with the folks in a bar or in the clubs or maybe finish the night off with a few on my balcony.I do plan on having a good time,but not so that it ruins the other passengers vacation.Thanks again for your feed back...just wanted to know how much to bring.Hope to see some of ya on the valor june 26th . jason
Old June 1st, 2005, 08:35 PM
Passenger

Dont forget gambling money
Old June 1st, 2005, 11:20 PM
borntocruise

jason, we were on "Conquest" in January, beer was $13.23, for 4 in a bucket. They were more if you just buy one, maybe $3.65 each?

Vacation is no time to worry about money. The amount you mentioned should be more than ample to cover your drinks.

jp
Old June 2nd, 2005, 09:10 AM
Happy Camper

Buckets of beer are pretty much buy 4 get one free -or buy 3 get one free - can't remember but we always get the buckets. If they are glass bottles though they pour them in glasses because you can only get the buckets at the pool bars. We go before they close at night and take the bucket back to our room and have that night. By the way if you are drinking enough you may want to do what I did one year for Corona. I called Wellwishers at "www.wellwishers.com" and although not listed on the website they do deliver beer to the ship - the Corona was $60 for 24 and they brought it on in a huge baxsket with limes - you can imagine the envious people as they passed the boarding line with the basket... They also do domestic beer for $50 for a case - 24 beers. Debbie
Old June 3rd, 2005, 05:30 AM
Gail F.

and carnival allowed that?????????????????????????????/

what a nice gift that would make !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 3rd, 2005, 08:03 AM
Happy Camper

They pay Carnival - or you pay to the Bon Voyage and they pay Carnival a $10 fee. That is included in the prices I mentioned. You can tell it still isn't as cheap as going and buying a case but it is cheaper than buying them on board and you can have them in your cabin. I actually did this on RCL Rhapsody and the cabin steward decided that my Coronas should be cold so he had maintanence bring me a fridge! Debbie
Old June 30th, 2005, 01:59 PM
RoniJon

Default Wine delivered to ship

We're planning to take The Apprentice cruise out of NY on Sept 26, 2005. (8 nights on Carnival Legend). When I booked with Expedia I was told "yes alcohol is included" however upon checking with Carnival directly, I found that was not true. I thought about cancelling the cruise b/c although not losers, my boyfriend and I do like to drink on vacation. So my question is... did Carnival truly allow a delivery of beer on the ship? Do you think I'd be able to ship a case of wine to myself on the ship? or does a company (i.e. Well Wishers) have special permission to delivery to the ship?

Also, as this will be our first cruise (we 40-50ish) any advice on any aspect of cruising would be appreciated.
Old June 30th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Happy Camper

Wellwishers and them do have special permission and pay fees to be allowed to deliver it onboard. I had 24 Coronas delivered for around $50 that was much cheaper than the cruise - they do deliver stuff not on the website so I would call them. I usually bring 2 bottles of wine with me in carryon no problem - just make sure they are not open - they did check that once on me. I bought a Chateu St Michelle Riesling on board for about $21 at the bar and that I thought was very reasonable as it is an $8-9 bottle at the liquor store. The cruise bars seem to be more reasonable than a restuarant back home. Also bring a cork screw with you and open it yourself in your cabin so you do not pay the corkage fee at dinner. Or if you buy the bottle on board they did not charge the fee.. Not worth lugging all the extra weight personally - we tried it once and decided just to realize the extra price ahead of time - way too much weight to carry. Try wellwishers for the beer - I think their wine was higher than buying through Carnival. By the way - different bars have different wines on board. Debbie

As far as advice on cruising the best advice (which Luane did not listen too!!) was to relax and take it all in. Do not try to do everything on board - there will be another cruise later. Enjoy the water - walk under the stars on deck at night - look for flying fish and just don't take anything seriously. You will meet alot of people and many want to complain - dont' listen. You will meet alot of other people too and have fun but again - although I have made lasting friends on board many we never talk to again. So just relax and enjoy everything and leave stuff to do on your next cruise! The balcony will be awesome. Have a wonderful time and go with an open mind - no vacation is perfect - little things come up - just go with the flow so to speak... Debbie
Old June 30th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Debbie I will never live that down lol But you are right i will listen next time. lol Debbie knows what she is talking about guys, so listen to her.
Old June 30th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Yeoman

I live in Los Angeles, so I say $4.00 a beer, bring it on. CHEAP!!!! Where can you get beer cheaper than that? I want to know. A small mixed drink at a bar in Los Angeles on average is $7.00 to $8.00. I remember the drinks on the Pride being between $4.00 to 5.00 and more for the tall blended foo foo ones. Still cheap to me.
Old June 30th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

I actually get off cheaper on the ship than I do in the bars around here. Prices are the same as our land bars, and generally I tip more than the 15% they add on the ship. Now, with that said, keep in mind I live in Orlando, where everything is more expensive, as opposed to Lexington, Ky (where I moved here from) where beers would run 50-75 cents less a bottle.

Carnival posts their prices under their FAQ section on their website.

Jodi

Old June 30th, 2005, 06:39 PM
drewntexas

My TA told me I could pack up some bottles in my luggage for the trip, not the carry on luggage.