Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2005, 03:42 PM
michman

Default Transportation from Fort Lauderdale Airport

What's the best form of transportation from the Fort Lauderdale airport to the Port of Miami? I heard that the Carnival transportation is a pain because you have to wait a long time until the shuttle fills up. How much would a cab cost?
Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2005, 05:11 PM
gatorclaw

Default Re: Transportation from Fort Lauderdale Airport

If you do a search on this subject, you should get some good info, if no one else chimes in.

I'll be taking my own transport in march, here's what I've learned:

1- taxi is too expensive ($70?)
2- if you're ship is going the same day, carnival transfer may not be a bad idea
3- The way to go appears to be Shared Ride thru floridalimo.com. they'll take you from the airport in a car and it's only about 17.00 pp. This is what I've booked, since I can't use the Carnival transfer b/c I'm coming a few days early.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 09:03 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Transportation from Fort Lauderdale Airport

Tri-County is a great way to go if you're flying in the day before. It's $60 to Miami. If you're flying in on the same day, then I'd use Carnival's transfers. It's $16 pp (I think) and well worth it because it takes you right to the pier. Same goes for returning to the airport. We used Tri-County (four of us) when we arrived and got the Carnival bus for oru return flight. Worked out great both ways.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 10:07 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Sclmkl
Default Re: Re: Transportation from Fort Lauderdale Airport

We just did the same thing two weeks ago. It was 15pp. There were waiting right outside the terminal and they all seemed to be the same price
Old February 23rd, 2005, 10:59 AM
michman

Default Re: Re: Transportation from Fort Lauderdale Airport

What is tri-county?