Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2005, 09:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default what is the best month to cruise?

What is the best month to cruise the carribbean? Weather wise, etc etc - any comments or suggestions? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2005, 09:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: what is the best month to cruise?

Jan, Feb, March, Apr, May, June, July, August, Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec are the best months to cruise!!

(sorry couldnt control myself <G>)

Old February 22nd, 2005, 09:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

We went to the western caribbean in June of 2003. The weather was perfect. Clear skies. Not to hot or cold. Are next one is in August. Concerned more about humidity at that time.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 11:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default Re: Re: what is the best month to cruise?

I TOTALLY agree! But...........you know what I mean! I have decided that when I retire, I'm going to buy a room on a ship (would be cheaper than a nursing or retirement home!)

cheryl
Old February 23rd, 2005, 12:03 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Jaanu0912

We have always cruised in July and August. No complains about the weather. I donít think I would want to cruise any other months because of what I heard about weather conditions.

Tash

Old February 23rd, 2005, 12:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to shanenstac

how is the weather in may on the eastern caribbean (nassau, st. thomas, st. martin)?
we are leaving may 14.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 12:54 PM
venice

never had a weather problem but based upon last season's hurricane pattern, I would think twice during the 'peak' of the season (late August thru early October) which of course when one receives the best rates..go figure !!
Old February 23rd, 2005, 01:14 PM
cruisinfam

I personally wouldn't book one in Sept. and Oct., just too many hurricanes in those months. I do know people who have went during those months and their ships had to skip a port or two. But then again if you are not one that will get real upset about a change of plans it might be ok for you.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 01:48 PM
pcboston

I have cruised in April, May, June( 3 times ) Aug. and last week of Oct. into Nov.

I'm sure every year may be different, because this has sure been a horrible year weather-wise, but from my own fairly limited experience, May was best, followed by June, April, Aug, and this years Nov. cruise the worst, but, again, this may have been an unusual year. There is a very good reason why cruise prices are good at these times, I think, but that's just my opinion. June prices were highest, because of schools being out and more kids on board. Also, it was hottest at that time, but still wonderful. May was perfect, prices were lower than June and weather excellent. I'd love to know what folks who have way more experience think. Hope this helps.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 01:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

i agree with kuki ))))
Old February 23rd, 2005, 01:58 PM
Jim Randle

Best month is this month, second best is next month. Seriously, if you can stand the flexibility in ports and delays, some of the best price performers are during hurricane season (Sept to Dec.). As long as you understand that you are at an increased risk of unplanned changes. And by the way, get trip insurance.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 03:29 PM
pastordon

I've cruised in May, September, October and November and the weather was great on every cruise. Don't let one hurricane season ruin your fall cruising. The prices are so much better it's worth the risk. I've not been on a bad cruise yet.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 03:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Who said all the months? They are right! We have gone not just with Carnival but other lines all different months...... Anytime is good......
Now if money is a concern then of course book on NON peak..........
Old February 23rd, 2005, 05:00 PM
First Mate

I have only cruised once this past March, but I am going again this March 12, out of New Orleans. Last year the weather was just great!!!!!!! Only thing was it was pretty windy and a little rain on the way out of Tampa, but the next morning was perfect as was the rest of the week. Enjoy! Also this is a great question.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 05:29 PM
JD

There are no bad times but some I will avoid. Any week kids have off from school ex. Thinksgiving week Easter week presidents week there are a lot more kids on the boat. And my favorite month is December the cheapest rates and allways a good time. Plan a gropu trip it is even better JD
Old February 23rd, 2005, 06:36 PM
mikee

have been on 18 cruises with 16 being the 2nd week of nov. and 2 being the last week of jan-1st week of feb. of the 16 in nov. only had 1 really bad day. of the two in jan on one we had to skip jamaica completely because of high winds
Old February 24th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Just from living in Orlando and knowing what heck we went thru with the hurricanes, I would say any month is fine UNLESS you are flying into Orlando...... I would NOT book a cruise in AUG or SEPT if you are flying in.... our airport was closed for Days on end last year. We had 3 bad hurricanes HIT right in Orlando......

COUNT DOWN ON FOR Glory 06/05

Fantasy 04/04
Sensation 09/03
Victory 06/02
Victory 12/01
Fantasy 06/00
Fantasy 04/99
Big Red Boat 06/93