Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2005, 10:33 AM
Passenger

Default Resturant Seating

We are cruising on March 3rd from Galveston to Cozmel. Anyone else going on this trip? Does anyone know how the resturant seating works? I can't remeber which seating we asked for, but my husband and I would like a table. We don't like booths. Who should I talk to about this once I get on the ship? Also, when should I take care of it? How soon once we get on do we need to go to our room? How soon will we have to do the life saving drill thing? I know these are all silly little questions, but the more I know before we get there, the better!
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2005, 10:56 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Jaanu0912
Default Re: Resturant Seating

I think you have to tell your travel agent from now. Once you board they already have your seating picked out.
As far as i know you cant go in your room until 1 pm but you can have lunch and use the facilities prior to that. If your room is ready and you ask i am sure they will let you in.
As for the drill i believe they wait til everyone is on board it can be anytime between lunch and dinner.
Tash

Old February 23rd, 2005, 11:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Cowens, you won't know your actual seating time until you board the ship. The dining room and time will be embossed on your Sail & Sign card. If you want to change it or request a table size, go see the Maitre 'd.

When you get to your cabin, there will be a copy of the Capers, the daily newsletter, in your cabin. In there will be an announcement as to what time and where to see the Maitre 'd. If possible, he will change your table and/or dining time.

About going to the cabin when you board - I always board fairly early, around noon, and I go directly to my cabin. On every cruise so far, it's been ready. I drop my carry-on luggage, and head to the Lido Deck for lunch. My other luggage is usually (not always) at the cabin door when I return to the cabin.

Muster Drill is held just after sailing, on most ships. If your ship sails at 4pm, the drill will probably be around 4:30.

And - don't ever apologize for asking questions. That's what these boards are for. I've been on 12 cruises (9 on Carnival), and I still learn things from the boards. Hope y'all have a fabulous cruise! Bon Voyage!
Old February 23rd, 2005, 12:22 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Resturant Seating

I forgot about the sail & sign card. How much money do we have to put on it? Also, how much are the drink cards?
Old February 23rd, 2005, 06:53 PM
Admiral

On our cruises the muster drill was about 45 minutes before we sailed. One time, for an unknown reason, the ship sailed during the drill. We were disappointed as we like to be on deck for sailaway. If your cabin is ready when you board (always has been for us) you can go on in. If not, you can, as far as I know, leave your carryons there and then go eat or whatever until it's ready. As others have said, if you want to change anything about your seating for dinner, see the Maitre'd of your dining room as soon as you board. (We always go "find" the dining room early-some of them are hard to find!)

Inspiration2002CarnivalElation2004
GrandPrincess2004NCLSun2005
SunPrincess2006NCLDream2007
CaribbeanPrincess2007NCLDawn2008
IslandPrincess2008IslandPrincess2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Carnival Magic 2015 Coral Princess 2015
Old February 23rd, 2005, 06:58 PM
Admiral

From the brochure:

>>Carnival accepts American Express, VISA, MasterCard, Discover Card and cash for deposit on your account. A minimum deposit will be required for cash accounts: 2 to 4 day cruises-$100; 5 to 8 day cruises-$200; 9 day or longer cruises-$350.>>

dorothy

CarnivalSensation February 2015
Carnival Dream November 2015

Carnival Fascination April 2014
Carnival Elation March 2011
Carnival Imagination Sept 2007
Carnival Sensation Dec 2006
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 2006
Carnival Miracle Sept 2005
Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2004