Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2005, 11:41 AM
Explorer05

Default Time at Tampa Port

Could someone who has experienced the Tampa port please reply to this... My boat leaves at 4 and I am considering a flight which arrives at the Tampa Airport at 12:30. Do you see this as feasible? Also, do any of you know about a Tampa hotel with BOTH or EITHER airport and/or cruiseport transfers (free)
Thanks for your help..
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2005, 12:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Time at Tampa Port

THe boat leaves at 4 but also stops boarding well before that.

You will not have a problem, Tampa is VERY VERY small and the airport is not too-too far from the Port, you will make it if you don't just hang out at the airport but be a step above normal walking.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 02:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

seems like plenty of time to me, tho you do have to take into account any airport delays, i dont know about the transfer thing unless you are booked with carnival. i booked with carnival this time, and they will be waiting at the airport for us, so no problem. you should have plenty of time after you get your luggage and find a taxi to take you to the port. i think if your delayed you can call carnival and tell them. not sure about the details. jump on the plane and go!!!!!
Old February 23rd, 2005, 02:53 PM
cali-croozer

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott. They have a free shuttle from the airport and a free expanded continental breakfast. The taxi to the port was a fixed rate of $20. We chose this hotel because we had a late flight coming in and wouldn't be sightseeing, we got a great rate, free airport shuttle and breakfast. The downside to this hotel is that there is no on-site restaurant. We ordered a pizza that ended up arriving in 2 hours! My parents had already turned in for the night so they didn't eat. Our friends did find a subway sandwich place down the block (wish we would have seen that...).
Old February 23rd, 2005, 02:56 PM
ninaclock

Explorer05,
I, too, am arriving in Tampa at 12:09 on cruise day and I am a little worried about airport delays interfering with our 4:00 departure time. Does anyone know for sure if the ship will "wait" for people on delayed flights, and if so - how long? I have heard that if you purchase insurance they will fly you to the first port of call to catch the ship. If you do not have insurance are you just out of luck?
Any info would be appreciated -

Ninaclock
61 Days until I sail on the Inspiration!
Old February 23rd, 2005, 03:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

You'll make it only if everything goes as planned. Personally, I would try to get in earlier that day, or the day before if possible. We're from the Northeast and always fly in the day before just in case. Don't forget, the 12:30 time is the time you plane is scheduled to land. By the time you taxi in, debark, and get your luggage it will most likely be closer to 1:30. You then still have to get a taxi and get to the port (about 15-20 min away if there's no traffic). We stay at Chase Suites. They offer both airport and port transfers and a free continental breakfast.

If you booked your air on your own they will not hold the ship if you're delayed and you will be responsible for getting yourself to the next port. If you booked your air through Carnival and there are a lot of people on that flight that are delayed, they will either hold the ship or get you to the first port of call. If you have insurance, depending on the policy, they may reimburse you whatever you pay to get the the port. You would have to check your policy. If you don't have insurance, your out of luck and will be responsible for the charges yourself.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old February 23rd, 2005, 03:27 PM
cali-croozer

Agree with Darcy........try to get in a day earlier. Then you don't have to worry. The plane ticket should be the same price, and, with some researching, you should be able to get a reasonably priced hotel. Looks like Darcy found a perfect one, with airport and port transportation and breakfast! Not sure of the price though. (DARCY?????? how much did you pay?)
Old February 23rd, 2005, 04:05 PM
BoosterMom

It is easy to get around in Tampa Carnival terminal. I've never flown in there so I can't help you with hotels or airport. I do know that when we left from there on Carnival in January, our ship did wait on a group of people coming from airport. Don't know their situation or if they booked through Carnival, but somehow they let the ship know they were on their way and we didn't leave until around 4:30 p.m.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 04:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

It was $157/night for a two bedroom/2 bathroom suite with a full kitchen (there were 5 of us). Very clean and comfortable.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old February 23rd, 2005, 05:33 PM
Crusingbears

Dear Explorer05,
It will take less than 20 minutes to get from the airport in Tampa to the Port of Tamp.
Channelside is the shopping/eating/etc. at the Port of Tampa. Even thought there are
a lot of people around, embarkation goes very quickly. Once we arrived at the port, we
were all checked in and waiting in about 20 minutes. Since you will be arriving after
12:30pm, you will probably have to stand in line a little longer. Even if you have a
1 hr delay, you should be okay. We stayed at the Tampa Marriott Hotel and Marina
which is just a 10 minute walk or a 5 minute Trolley ride. Email me for more questions
if you want.
Happy Sailing..................
Old February 24th, 2005, 07:23 AM
bjkeen

If your flight was arranged by Carnival, they will wait on you if your flight is late. If you arranged the flight without Carnival you are on your own. The ship usually leaves on time.

The Radisson Riverside downtown has free shuttle service.

Have a good time.