Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2005, 11:40 AM
staci

Default restaurants near port canaveral/cocoa beach

hi. we are flying to orlando on may 12 & staying 2 nights on atlantic avenue in cocoa beach before we cruise out of port canaveral. it is my husband and myself, along with my parents. we all love to eat and we were wanting to get some ideas for good places to eat in the cocoa beach area for breakfast/lunch/dinner. i have seen online "grills restaurant" and "the boardwalk". has anyone ever eaten at either of these two or do you have any suggestions? thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2005, 11:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: restaurants near port canaveral/cocoa beach

Really anywhere in Cocoa is fine to eat at. Cocoa is a laid back Beach town not like Daytona at all.

COUNT DOWN ON FOR Glory 06/05

Fantasy 04/04
Sensation 09/03
Victory 06/02
Victory 12/01
Fantasy 06/00
Fantasy 04/99
Big Red Boat 06/93
Old February 23rd, 2005, 12:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to shanenstac

thanks. where did you eat?
Old February 23rd, 2005, 01:52 PM
Admiral

We ate at Grills last August on a Saturday night using their 10% coupon printed from their website. The food was good. We arrived early and watched the Glory and 2 Disney ships leave port. Ask the concierge at your hotel and they might give you coupons for appetizers at a different restaurants on Merritt Island which is just a couple of miles down the Causeway. Also going down the Causeway, you can always go to Banana Breeze at 70 Banana River Drive on MI and take a pontoon boat ride up and down the isles of Cocoa Beach. For breakfast or lunch, we ate at The Waffle House or IHOP near the Hampton Inn where we stayed. The restaurant on the pier has a great brunch too.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old February 23rd, 2005, 02:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to shanenstac

thanks so much. you said grills was good...would you reccomend it and would you go again? sorry for all the questions, just very excited and trying to find out all i can before we go!!!
Old February 23rd, 2005, 11:34 PM
cruisemaninnj

another very good place to eat right near the port, is rusty great seafood, shrimps on the rough that you will die for
Old February 24th, 2005, 12:02 AM
Admiral

Yes I would eat at Grills again. It was a very interesting place; great for people watching and good music outside. If you get there early enough, you can grab a table outside and watch the cruise ships. I ate there because I was meeting some high school friends there since I grew up on Merritt Island. Rusty's also was a recommendation. Maybe I'll try it next time. Enjoy!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old February 24th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

We ate at Grille's and loved it. We were lucky enough to sit outside. Although, I was biting in to a french fry when a bird swooped down and took it right out of my mouth. I have a great picture of the tree next to our table with a bird perched in it eating my french fry.

We also ate at Durango Steakhouse. It was good but pretty much like any other steakhouse.

You'll have plenty of restaurants to choose from.

Have Fun.

Old February 24th, 2005, 02:29 PM
CRUISIN FROM MO

We have cruised twice out of port canaveral. once on the pride(2002) and once on the glory(dec. 2004). IT IS A MUST THAT YOU EAT AT THE FLORIDA SEAFOOD BAR AND GRILL.ON THE CAUSEWAY...... EXCELLENT !!!! JUST AS GOOD IN DEC. AS IT WAS IN 2002. IN FACT, WE EAT LUNCH AND DINNER THERE IT IS SO DELICIOUS.
ALSO, THE HAMPTON INN IS A GREAT HOTEL AND ITS SISTER HOTEL THE COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT NEXT DOOR IS ALSO GOOD. STAFF IS VERY EAGER TO SERVE.....