Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2005, 02:21 PM
Patticake

Default ocho rios buffets margueritaville

we are sailing on the victory in july with family of nine, four kids and five adults. i could have been sure when asking what to do after dunns river falls outside of ocho rios, someone suggested going to margueritaville. they said it was within walking distance of thepier so getting back to the ship was easy. we would have the taxi drop us there coming from the falls. however, now that i have looked in the aaa tour book for jamaica, there is no margueritaville listed or advertised for ocho rios. they list one in negril and montego bay but no ocho rios. i am disappointed because we had this all planned. the one described in montego with the pool and slide sounds like the one decribed by someone on this message board. maybe they thought we were docking in montego bay. it is too far to go to montego and come back to ocho rios and too expensive for taxis. could someone help me. i hope the book is wrong/ please tell me there is one in ocho rios and describe to me again what is there. thanks patticake
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2005, 02:40 PM
jaymah2004

Default Re: ocho rios buffets margueritaville

Its there, don't worry. Check out www.margaritaville.com. People here wouldn't steer you wrong!
Old February 23rd, 2005, 02:43 PM
First Mate

Patticake
I can definately tell you that there is a Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville in Ocho Rios. I have been to it. Who ever told you that it is within walking distance is correct. Not at all far from the pier. It would be fun to do Dunns River Falls and then stop at Margaritaville. Yes they do have a pool with a slide
Old February 23rd, 2005, 05:00 PM
Rose M.

Margaritaville is The Bomb!! My family and I have been to Ocho Rios a few times so now we just walk to Margaritaville from the ship and spend the entire day....food is good (try the wings). My grandson loves the pool and slide (there is also a swim up bar in the pool). Make sure you get a wrist band when you enter so you can access the beach area and the water. It's a fun place with lots of music (Jimmy Buffet of course) and if you have too much to drink, it's within walking distance of the ship.