Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2005, 02:46 PM
Patticake

Default miami return flight 1:00pm, worried

we already have our reservations made so we will have to do the best we can. we will be disembarking from the victory on sunday, july 24. with a family of nine. when making our plane reservations. our ta checked with carnival and said to them, they can only get this 1:00pm flight time and the brochure says try to get flights no earlier than 2pm. carnival said to her, do not worry(i should haave questioned this further, but it is too late.)

i again called carnival again and questioned them after finding out that we will not even get off the ship until maybe 11am after customs clears everything. carnival then told me to request to be in first group getting off and do it all through the week so it happens forsure. we are going to take the carnivals trans to the airport, even though we made our own air trans. he said it isonly a five minute ride to the airport. he also said to me we have changed those times we suggest for summer sailings on the victory and the time is now 1pm so you should be fine. does anyone understand this statement about the summer sailings on the victory and this new time suggestion of flights no earlier than 1pm. does the ship get in earlier or what? he said do not pay any attention to the brochure. it is the new one for 2005.

last problem, i just heard on the tv this morning, miami is one of the worst airports as far as long w aits to go through security and people are there forever. now i am really stressed about this. nine of us missing our flight to cleveland, what a nightmare. any good news, suggestions, hope, or just plain do not worry about it from anyone. please do not write back and say yes you really have a big problem, i will have a melt down since i do all the planning for these family excursions. there is nothing we can do about those plane reservations now.
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2005, 02:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: miami return flight 1:00pm, worried

They will call early that morning honey for people that have flights before a certain time.... but like you said also just bug the pooh out of them all week to make sure where you need to be early that am!
Old February 23rd, 2005, 02:56 PM
BoosterMom

Can't help you much as far as Miami airport goes........

Carnival always calls for those who have early flights, but don't wait on them, do what other poster said, bug them, remind them. Also think about self-debarkation. They should offer it off Victory in Miami. You stay in your room until ship clears, then they will announce for anyone who wants to self-debark to go to wherever the gangway is and roll yourself out. We did this off Inspiration in Tampa in January. They called for self-debarkers about 7:45 a.m., we rolled our two suitcases off and were through customs and out of terminal by 8:15 a.m.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 03:18 PM
suzys

You should have no problem getting off the ship for a 1:00 flight.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 03:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

I wouldn't worry about 1 pm, we were off the ship and in our hotel room by 10 am last year. This year we took a chance and our flight leaves at 1121 am. I am not to worried but enough to make sure I get off the boat and to the airport quickly
Old February 23rd, 2005, 03:46 PM
Familiar Face

If you can carry off ALL of your luggage then self-debarkation is your answer!
Last week those people were able to leave the Triumph starting at about 8AM.
They call you at random by floor.

Miami airport is no worse than any other one on a Sunday.....................

Jeff & Susana
Old February 23rd, 2005, 04:20 PM
Passenger

We got off the boat in pretty good time (we waited for our color to be called). We also took Carnival's shuttle to the Miami airport. The problem we ran into was trying to unload at the airport. There were no parking spaces for our bus and we circled the airport twice before we were able to park and get off the bus. Once we got into the airport, we had no trouble. We checked in at the ticket counter, got our boarding passes, went through security, and were at our gate within 20 minutes.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 05:21 PM
Admiral

As the Victory is out of Miami I really don't see that much of a problem with the 1PM flight. IO would not book a flight before noon to be on the safe side but 1PM should be okay.

Old February 24th, 2005, 04:50 AM
First Mate

Location: Near Liz's favourite home, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, U.K.
Default Re: Re: miami return flight 1:00pm, worried

Patticake,

Don't worry girl! We got off the Victory in Miami last December and were already in Las Olas Boulevard, Fort Laurderdale by 10.30 that morning!!!!!!

We couldn't check into our hotel until 3p.m.so had loads of time to kill. We had, like you, thought we would not get off the ship until far later and that then with the taxi journey from Miami Port to Fort Lauderdale we wouldn't arrive into Las Olas until 1.30/2ish.

We were wrong so I beleive you should have PLENTY of time to get your flight out of Miami at 1.00p.m.

Also, when we flew back to England we flew out of Miami Airport and did not suffer with long lines etc - plain sailing, as they say.

RELAX!!!!

KG