Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Early Departure Triumph in Miami

I know this has been asked before, but who has recently been on the Triumph and done the early debarkation for an early flight. What time did you get to the airport? Please tell me there are some other risk takers out there, I just booked an 11:30 a.m. flight out of Miami.
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Early Departure Triumph in Miami

I just booked an 11:30 a.m. flight out of Miami.

Honey I would almost venture to say that is not a risky thing but a NOT GOOD IDEA thing.... I hope someone came chime in on this one but I really think it might be impossible.
Old February 24th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Passenger

From past experiences it's a night mare! If you get off the ship by 9 am..you still have your luggage to find and getting to the airport. That's pushing it. I'm sailing on the Triumph on Saturday!
Old February 24th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

kcheek, Have a great time and let us know what you think when you get back. Happy Sailing
Old February 25th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Shipbound

I would not book a flight before 1:30 pm know matter if I left from MIA or FLL. 11:30 is really pushing it, everything has to go really smooth. Good Luck!!!!!!

Gary
Old February 26th, 2005, 10:50 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly

Carnival suggest about 1 pm as earliest for MIA. With express (self) debarcaion and a cab you may be ok. However, that means that all 3000 pax have to be good aware people who close out their bills at the pursar desk and report promptly as required to customs. NO ONE is allowed off ship until ALL this is cleared and the same names are paged time, time, and time again. In 10 cruises over 35 years (and it is getting worse every year) this has NEVER happened for me. My recent (last 5 years) experiences have been at least 10 am to get off ship and that was with handicap debarcation (prior to express) for most of them, then find luggage, do customs (really well and distinctivly marked-Celebrity rep even put it all together for me in Alaska 6/03), get cab, get to airport and get thru security.

Add up the time. BAD FLIGHT!!
Old February 27th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Familiar Face

We are just off the Triumph last week.
The earliest people, carrying all of their luggage off, departed about 8:30.
Although you probaly can make it, any little disruption will give you a big headache.

We booked a late flight and did a Miami excursion afterward.

Nice and relaxing without worry.

It shouldn't be a problem but......................
Old February 27th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Jill J

Default Re: Re: Early Departure Triumph in Miami

Not sure if you are getting in to Port in Miami or FLL but... we just cruised on the Valor out of Miami and had an 11:52am flight out. We got tags the night before at the information desk letting them know that we had an early flight. They will need to see documentation for your flight. They have us "Spa Tags" to put on our luggage and we met in a lounge at 8:15 which was only for those who had an early flight. It seemed like a slow process at first but once we got moving it went really quickly and we were at the airport around 9:45. One thing that I would suggest, once you find your luggage in the terminal, find a porter right away, they get you right up to customs and out very quickly. There was a bus waiting for those with early flights. Last year we did the "self help" where you carry your own luggage - never again. This was quite a chore, was much easier this year setting the luggage out the night before and finding it the next morning.

Hope that you have a great trip!!
Old February 27th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the help. Last year we booked a late flight out of Miami so we did an excursion to the Miami Seaquarium and still got to the airport and had to sit around for a few hours till our flight. We'll keep our fingers crossed and make a mad dash for the airport I guess because the flight is already booked for 11:30 departure. Flights back to Indianapolis were either very early or very late. Thanks Again