Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2005, 01:38 PM
ninaclock

Default Self Debarkation in Tampa

I read a comment on this board a couple of days ago from BOOSTERMOM (I think) that said they have self-debarkation from ships where the port will allow -- Tampa being one of them. Can anyone tell me more about how this works? I booked a 4:40 p.m. flight out of Tampa - -just to make sure we had time to get off the ship and get to the airport. If you can get off with your luggage anytime and not wait in your group for your color to be called, I could probably get an earlier flight. As usual, any info is appreciated! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2005, 01:57 PM
BoosterMom

Default Re: Self Debarkation in Tampa

Hi there! What they did on the Inspiration in January is............they announced during one of those supposedly silly debarkation talks that they were going to be doing self-debarkation. We were on the deck where the gangway was so we just waited in our room. Customs gets on the ship as soon as it docks.......we ordered room service that morning, got cleaned up and opened our door to hear the announcements. They told us that the ship should clear customs by 7:30 and they would try to start self-debarkation at 7:45 a.m. They had announced earlier that morning for all self-debarkers to gather in the lounge and you would be directed toward the gangway. I went to the pursuers desk and they told me just to stay in the room and keep the door open.............worked great since we didn't have to bump up stairs with suitcases. You do not put your luggage out the night before. Keep it and roll it ALL out with you when they call for self-debarkation. We rolled off ship, rolled up to customs, handed them our forms went down the escalator and we were in our car (in the parking deck) by 8:15 a.m. I don't know that I would change airline res or anything though. Maybe we just had a good experience. We will do it again when we cruise this summer. Port of Miami offers this too. Remember you are controlled by customs clearing the ship which means you are controlled by all those people who have to report with their citizenship papers, etc.......Remember you have to be able to take everything with off the ship with you. Hope this helps.
Old February 26th, 2005, 11:03 AM
blueranger83

Default Re: Self Debarkation in Tampa

Hello, We self debarked the ship and were at the Tampa Airport at 9:45.
It was a little crowded in the Paris Lounge,but it went smoothly.
good luck!!