Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Myke

Default Disappt.-cont.

Hi, everyboby. My last "Disappointment" got a lot of messages. I try to explain.
In short- we had cruise with Carnival and our garment bag with full dress was stolen during the boarding. Nobody from ship direction have apologized or have spoken with us. "Carnival lines" won't pay us any compensation.
Of couse we put the luggage tag, of course, we reported immediately to information desk and we spoke with the terminal.
The problem is that we found the tag near to cabin, so the bag was on the board.
Or porter or somebody from the ship stoll it.
But the problem is that Carnival told us only half of the truth, in other words- deceived.
We got $50 immediatly as compensation for unsatisfaction. The clerk from information desk told us that if the bag won't be found, we get addition compensation. It is Lie.
We paid $150 of tips !! We didn't call to the police. We waited.
We called 3 times to "Carnival lines" during a month after cruise. nobody told us that $50 we got on board- that's all we will get.
We wrote e-mail to the company, but we have not gotten the answer.
The guest relation office doesn't give you the opportunity to speak with the supervisor.
The huge company LIES to the customers.
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2005, 04:25 PM
BoosterMom

Default Re: Disappt.-cont.

Did you buy the insurance? That should cover stolen or lost bags. I know that doesn't help much because you want your stuff back..............Maybe if the tag was lost off the bag, it is still around somewhere. Does Carnival have a lost baggage dept like the airlines do?
Old February 25th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Myke

Default Re: Re: Disappt.-cont.

They told me they have the lost baggage dept., but now I don't believe.
I didn't buy the insurance, but for instance air companies, hotels do pay compensation for lost things with no insurance.
Old February 25th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

try not to give up on Carnival Cruise Lines. i really feel something is being misrepresented or missed communications. ive always been more than pleased with what Carnival does with my complaines.
Old February 25th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

If the tag was found near your room than it was on that floor. It is entirely possible another passenger stole your bag.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old February 25th, 2005, 07:51 PM
First Mate

I would have to go with Cruznut on this one. It's more likely that while you was away from your room and you luggage was being delievered another passenger picked it up. I can't imagine the luggage guys just keeping your things. It is 80 percent more likely for other passengers to steal from you than the workers on that ship. On the last 4 cruises I took with Carnival I have left a $150 zoom camera laying on the shelf in the closet, very expensive jewerly and lots of bottles of top of the line perfumes. Not one of these things came up missing. Our first cruise, we got up to go to breakfast and after asking my husband if he had the room key, I made a dash for the bathroom and LEFT my cigarette case on the bed. I had my sail and sign card in there, my credit card, Drivers License and a little of $400 dollars. After we ate, and went to get off in Cozumel, I realized I didn't have my stuff. Went back to the room and it was clean and my case was sitting on the dresser. NOTHING WAS MISSING. This guy was from Honduras and his name was Daniel and it was on the Inspiration May 26, 2002. I left him an additional $50 tip and even picked him up a gift while I was in Cozumel. I never mention to him about the incident because I didn't want him to think I had set him up but I did go to the purser's desk and told them what a great and honest employer they had.

Old February 25th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Admiral

Sad story, but it's why people (or at least one of the reasons) buy insurance.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old February 25th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Reality

So you KNOW an employee of Carnival stole it.......I've been a detective for 13 years, and based on your information, you should come work with us, because I see nothing in there to say with any certainty that a Carnival employee stole it. Hope you get the amount of money/comp you want........not that you're going to ask for that, of course.