Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Passenger

Default Just back From Carnival Inspiration

Hi just got back from the Carnival Inspiration, it sailed Feb 19th to the 25th.

I am uploading pictures as we speak, I have quite a few uploaded already to Webshots.
http://community.webshots.com/user/dmthoms76

We had a good time but we are exhausted. We found going up and down the stairs was easier than the elevators and my legs got a work-out. I did not get to use the exercise room because I left my sneakers in the car! but still got a work out.

Surprises- How windy it was on deck, I thought I would be able to stroll on the top deck more, the wind just about knocked you over. The movement, we felt a LOT of movement and vibration. The injuries, saw at least three or four people with sprained ankles. A few children with stubbed toes, my son had his toenail stomped on and actually pulled back by another child in Camp Carnival. They buzzed me on my beeper and didn't even have anything as basic as a simple band-aid. When another child was hurt and in a lot of pain they acted clueless. The counselors would look at me like they didn't understand anything I said.

More Surprises- A large group was on the ship together and took over alot of areas. We had been having the MOST fun in the Karoke bar and that group took that whole room over for a private thing on the last night of the cruise. So we went to the show Shout, which was just OK. We all went to bed early because there was nothing to do, (we are not big drinkers) they were cleaning the lido deck like we were all ready gone. The pools were closed.

Most fun-Cozumel Mexico
Least fun-Grand Cayman cloudy and rainy, merely a shopping trip, lots of damage from hurricane.
Best times, our nights in the Mardi Gras dining room, and the Karoke

~Donna
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Just back From Carnival Inspiration

Where was your room? You said you felt ALOT of movement. Was that mostly in your room or everywhere?

My husband and I are going on the Inspiration in April and are concerned about seasickness.

Thanks.

Old February 26th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Passenger

My room was on the main deck M68, we felt movement everywhere but it did not make us seasick we just noticed it.

I was only seasick on an excursion. The water was very rough that day.

We were a few rooms down from the elevator which was very convenient and not noisy like you would think, no elevator parties, all teens I saw on board were well behaved and just having a good time. There were 450 kids on board! You only noticed them in the pool area.

~Donna
Old February 26th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Just back From Carnival Inspiration

Ok I feel a little bit better now. We are in M94. Movement is ok as long as it doesn't cause us motion sickness.

Wanted to say you took some great picture. Cozumel looks so beautiful. We can't wait to go.

Old February 27th, 2005, 02:53 PM
BoosterMom

Default Re: Re: Re: Just back From Carnival Inspiration

We were in M94 on the Sensation two years ago during Summer. It is a good location. Sister ship of Inspiration. We were on the Inspiration in January on Empress deck mid-ship. We did feel a lot of motion, espec in dining room and Paris lounge. One night we rocked back and forth so much that the curtains on the stage were swaying back and forth, back and forth. I re-loaded up on my Non-Drowsy Dramamine as I drank my Pina Colada!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully, the seas will calm down some for you!
Old February 28th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Venus4NU

We were on the Inspiration on February 14 sailing. Looks like you got on when we got off. We were so disappointed in the kids programs. The teen program was non existant even though they had stuff listed in the capers every morning. When my teens went they were told they were cancelled. The kids just formed there own group and had a great time with their new friends.

Our last day (Friday night - Sat morning) was really rough. We went to bed because of the movement. The captain said there was a cold front coming down and that was the reason. We had a window in our room and several times the water hit the window (Riveria deck). We had motion sickness for 3 days after the cruise but non on it. It was so cold in Tampa when we got back. Sounds like it din't get any better for your cruise.

We had a blast in Grand Caymen - charted a boat for our group to go snorkeling and to Sting Ray City. Damage from Ivan is still terrible.
Old February 28th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Passenger

Yes it is warm in Mexico, but I still think February is not a good month, maybe spring but not Spring Break, if I ever cruised again it would not be on a Carnival ship.

Boat was smaller than I thought, it felt very cramped on the Lido deck. Not informing us that most of the ship would be a Womanfest celebration(a large group), they took over the Lido deck one night and the candlelight lounge the last night, damn it we wanted to watch some more Karoke! They even hogged that!

Grand Cayman was cold and cloudy, water very rough (not Carnival's fault)

Very poorly run children's program, my son enjoyed some of it but was ready to go when I picked him up. They tried but I don't think they had a clue what to do if there was an accident from what I saw. Plus my son was in the "baby room" since he was 5 and a half and was too young to go with the 6-8's which were doing more activities.

Not enough balconies on this ship, I saw other ships that had a balcony practically on every room. I would spring for one next time. So pitch black in the morning we did not even know it was time to get up!

How they offered 6x9 pictures for 7.99 at first but then only printed 8x10's for 19.99 a picture after formal night, that sucked.

How if you did not order a drink that you had to pay for at dinner you were not offered tea, or lemonade, or fruit punch (the free drinks) We learned the hard way as we sipped our water glasses the whole first night.

The way they closed everything up stacked the chairs and scrubbed the deck on the last sea day like we were already history and offered very little food on deck. I paid for five days, darn it!

Why do they leave Grand Cayman so early? I never saw the beach it was too late after the Stingray tour.

Best time- Sail away, dinners, views, Mexico, our waiters, our room steward was great

Worst- Last day, could not wait to get off.

~Donna
Old March 8th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Cheryle

We too were on this cruise and found it very selfish to have so much of the ship taken over by one large group, which were not family oriented and did not have children on board. Given that this was a prime school vacation week and the rates were much higher than the week before and after.

Room was dirty(back of mirror couldn't be look in), my childrens bathroom smelled of urine, very little service from the room steward, he didn't even fold up the ceiling beds daily.

Pool towels to get replaced required a tip.

Embarkments were terrible as was the life boat drill, we have previously cruised on RCCL and found no comparison. We also say people with injuries, my husband picked something up from the bedding and spent one evening with a fever and covered in a bright red raised rash, infirmary had him on benadryl.

We won't do this ship again.