Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2005, 07:13 PM
hollye1

Default water brought on board

can anyone help me out here. do you think i will be able to bring 24 small bottles of water on board when embarking? i do know they can decide to take all of it or some of it or none of it. going on the victory this summer. bringing kids with me. thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Christine Grigorenko

Default Re: water brought on board

we always bring water with us, and we buy water at each port.
why give them the money
Old February 28th, 2005, 07:41 PM
SJ

We actually found the water on the ship to be very good and never brought nor bought water. From what I hear from others, the ship's water is very pure.
Old February 28th, 2005, 08:16 PM
sls

I like the water on the ship. You do need to bring a sports bottle to fill up as the glasses are small. We also bring a few bottles from home to take when we go ashore.

sls
Old February 28th, 2005, 09:48 PM
hope2cruise

I boarded the Sensation a week ago today with 12 cans of soda, four bottles of soda, one bottle of wine and one bottle of Champagne in my carry-on for my family of four. No one said a word. I can't imagine they would have a problem with your haul, though you might put yourself more at ease by putting half in your carry-on and half in another family member's carry-on -- 12 in a bag would not likely raise any eyebrows. (Though I, too, have heard that the water on board is perfectly fine. I don't think I ever drank any, though we sure went through our share of iced tea!)
Old February 28th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Admiral

They won't say anything to you for this but you might want to re-think it and take less and made them sport-type bottles instead. When they are empty just refill them with the ships water, it is a good as bottled water.
Jim

Old February 28th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Passenger

We always take bottled water with us in a separate duffle bag. We bring the sport top bottled water. It is great to have for when you get off the ship at different ports!

Way too expensive to purchase on the ship! We usually get it at Costco and bring almost a whole case with us. I drink a TON of water each day.
Old March 1st, 2005, 11:42 AM
BoosterMom

Default Re: Re: water brought on board

We had two huge bottles of water in our stateroom in January. There were only two of us and that bottle lasted us during the cruise and we even took it to Chankanaab with us. They were $3.50 each but worth it so I didn't have to lug it around in my luggage. I thought the ships water was just fine. They do sell bottled water for shore excursions. I'm pretty cheap, but I'd just rather not have to tote around bottled water in my luggage.