Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2005, 11:03 PM
TamieWaState

Default Sign&Sail Card

Recent cruisers PLEASE HELP! Sailing on Fantasy (4 Day). We will be using our credit card for our SS card.I know that when using cash, you have to put down a deposit. Does anyone know if they require or put a specific amount on "hold" on your credit card or do they just put your cc # on file then charge your amount at the end of the cruise? I called carnival 3 different times today and got 3 different awnsers!
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2005, 11:08 PM
Captain

Default Re: Sign&Sail Card

IF YOU HAVE A CREDIT CARD THEY WILL JUST CHARGE IT AT THE END OF YOUR CRUISE. THEY WILL GET A PRE AUTH PRIOR SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A LARGE AVAILIBLE LIMIT OR IT WOULD BE DECLINED. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE WHAT A PRE AUTH IS CALL YOU CREDIT CARD COMPANY. ( I'M SURE THEY'LL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO EXTEND YOUR LIMIT).
Old March 2nd, 2005, 01:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Susan is correct.

Susan, please turn off your CAPS LOCK.
Old March 2nd, 2005, 01:14 AM
TamieWaState

Thank You Susan and Cotton. Next, by pre auth you mean hold, and you say Large. How large is large, and do they determine this by cabin, or by per person.
Thanks for your help.
Old March 2nd, 2005, 07:23 AM
Aprile

I just got off the Fantasy on Sunday. I used a small balance CC and it worked fine. I didnt even spend 200 on it the whole trip but I think they put at least a 200.00 hold on it so make sure you have that available.

I know different length cruises they put different amount holds so it might be best to call carnival if you are concerned. Im sure they can tell you the amount they are gonna hold for your particular cruise.

Have a great time on the Fantasy we did.
Old March 2nd, 2005, 10:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

I start off every cruise with a cash down deposit then when I have used it up or not I will go down and have them do a CC hold.
Old March 2nd, 2005, 09:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Question. What happens if you lose your sign and sail card while on shore? I know that this card also serves as your "ID" to board the ship.
Old March 2nd, 2005, 10:45 PM
First Mate

This happened to my daughter when we took her. I told the kids to let me hold there cards and Id's. My son complied but my daughter felt she was old enough (15 at the time) to hold her own. Well we got off in Cozumel and we got all the way to the taxi area and she started screaming she lost both the card and her id while digging for gum. She had stuck them in the outside pocket of her purse which zipped all the way down like a flap. Well, her and my hubby went immediatly back to the ship and they had it at the check in area. Some passenger found it and returned it immediatly. my hubby told them that she wouldn't let us hold it and asked them what would have happened if it wasn't found (kinda of directing the guard to tell her because she didn't listen to me in the first place). The guard said that they would not allow her back on the ship without it. Now I don't know if he was serious or just trying to scare her but that's what he said.

Old March 3rd, 2005, 02:35 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Sign&Sail Card

I forgot to take my son's card from him when we got off the ship in Costa Maya, it was in a lanyard around his neck. Anyway, long story short, we were leaving the shops area when he realized he had the lanyard but the card and holder were gone. He was hysterical, thinking they wouldn't let him leave Mexico. But we explained to the guy at the port and he called the ship and verified that my son was on board, then we had to go through all that again when we boarded the ship. They extensively questioned my son about his name, birthdate, cabin number etc and wouldn't let my husband or I answer for him. They let him back on the ship with minimal fuss and bother (they were all really nice about it) and we got him another card as soon as we boarded. The purser said it happens a lot. Someone did turn my son's card in but it was after we got him another card.