Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2005, 08:50 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via Yahoo to karessamom
Default question on Beginners SCUBA

I was reading off the Carnival site about the Beginners SCUBA dives. There's one in Grand cayman for $119 for 3hr time and one in Cozumel for $89 for 2 hr. excursion.
Does this include travel time?? Especially for Grand caymen since we have to tender from the ship?? What i'm getting here is the price in Grand caymen is more but you are getting more time according to the tour time--it's less in Cozumel but the time is also less. I know things are more pricey in GC so my question is are you really getting more or is that made up by extra travel time??

Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2005, 09:07 AM
reverendjeff

Default Re: question on Beginners SCUBA

Two hours includes the instruction time and the dive. Two hours will feel like four hours for most first timers. It is a cheap way to get your feet wet,(pardon the pun) you can then decide if this is for you.
Old March 2nd, 2005, 09:29 AM
Admiral

the times posted do not include travel time. My guys did the intro to SCUBA in St. Maarten and they loved it.
Old March 2nd, 2005, 12:25 PM
Jester

My wife and I did the one in Cayman. The 3 hours includes travel time, but the place is literally 5 minutes from the drop off point for the tender. You get about 30 minutes of instruction, an hour in a pool with all of the SCUBA gear on, and then about 30 minutes in the ocean. It was great and well worth the price. We had never done it, so we were interested. I will say this though; it's a bit of a workout. The tank is heavy out of the water and you're constantly moving when you're in the ocean. Just be in some bit of shape when you do it. It's an awesome experience though. Don't let the physical aspect turn you away from being the first person on your block to say, "I breathed underwater last week." (lol) Oh, another tip: Bring $2 for a locker rental. We didn't bring any cash and had to charge it along with $18 worth of souveniers b/c there was a $20 minimum on charging things.
Have a great trip!!!
Pat
Old March 2nd, 2005, 03:13 PM
runway

Default Re: Re: question on Beginners SCUBA

Do they have lockers with the dive in Cozumel? Or do yu have to bring a pack that might lock to keep id and $$ safe?? Taking the dive trip from Carnival tour. Thanks !
Old March 2nd, 2005, 05:55 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via Yahoo to karessamom

I'm not planning on doing the excursion but my husband is really interested in it. He's done some pool SCUBA before but doesn't have his C-card or a recent dive so thought the beginners SCUBA would work for him.