Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2005, 02:52 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Glory

I'm soooooo exicted! Just booked my second cruise in a year! Boarding the Carnival Glory on July 2nd with my boyfriend. If anyone has any experiences/tips they're willing to share from their vacation on the Glory I'd really appreciate it. and the countdown begins once again...

Paradise August 2004
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2005, 03:00 PM
pag

Default Re: Carnival Glory

Well, we just sailed on the Glory, and trust me, it was a very dissapointing experience. There were mechanical problems, and we didn't make the ports we were supposed to. The crew wasn't very honest with us either. For the most part, though, our waitstaff was pleasant, our room steward was attentive, and we made our fun. Just be sure to watch the boards and make sure the ship is working before you set sail. We had only one engine and one propellor, and sat off the coast of Miami for 2 days. No compensation either except for $100 credit per person on ship. Not enough if you ask me. It was our 3rd cruise with Carnival, and our last as well I hate to say. I'll keep cruising, as it's the way to go on vacation. The onboard activities are great, and I do hope you get Butch, the social host. He was great. My wife and kids loved him. Happy cruising.
Old March 2nd, 2005, 03:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Darn it sooo close yet so wrong again!

We are booked for June 4th!!!!!!!!
Old March 2nd, 2005, 05:13 PM
Admiral

Loved the Glory - our only complaint was the cruise had to end - sigh!!! The deck layouts - especially getting to the dining rooms, are a bit confusing. You have to go up or down a floor then back up or down again. I know that doesn't make much sensesbut wait and see lol. The excercise is good anyway - all that wonderful food. And don't forget to try the pizza and the deli. Then there is the late night buffet - the desserts - well you get my drift. Have a great time! TTFN Jennifer
Old March 3rd, 2005, 01:53 PM
DUANE & CAROL MILLER

Read Carnival Glor 2/19-2/26
Old March 3rd, 2005, 02:09 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Carnival Glory

PLEASE don't pay attention to the people complaining about the cruise! Don't let it ruin your vacation. I'm about to take my 5th cruise, all with Carnival and I loved everyone of them. And YES, we did miss a port on one of the cruises, wound up spending two days in Cozumel. But guess what? There are definitely worse places to spend two days than Cozumel! We had a blast the second day. Your vacation will be what you make of it. So relax and have a good time. Don't worry about what happened on the other cruise. Stuff happens, people just need to get over it.
Old March 3rd, 2005, 02:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

We went on the Glory last May and loved it so much we just got back from her sister ship, the Conquest. You can read my tips and review of the Glory here:

Glory Review:
http://www.anthonyandlexie.com/LatestNews.asp

Conquest Review
http://www.anthonyandlexie.com/Carni...uestReview.asp

Don't worry about the negative stuff you've heard...any ship can have mechanical problems, and I'm sure it's fixed now.

Valor Westside!
Old March 4th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Passenger

I have to say that reading all the recent complaints has made me a little worried. I spoke with a Carnival travel planner (Jeremy...def. reccomend him when planning your cruise - he was great)and he assured me that the Glory is already sailing and the probelm that occurred was minor and actually common for cruise ships. I understand that people who were sailing on 2/19-2/26 are upset and feel cheated and need to vent, but i have to admit it does put a little damper on people who are planning to embark on the same ship in the near future.

Paradise August 2004