Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2005, 01:56 PM
amm

Default carnival glory

we are going with a group of 15 on 4/2 on the Glory-eastern caribean. Any one know if their mechanical problems have been fixed?
Got any helpful hints to make our cruise most enjoyable? We will have 7 kids with us ages 7-11. What exciting things are there to do at the ports that are kid friendly and reasonably priced?
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2005, 01:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave
Default Re: carnival glory

Have a great time. I am sure the minor problems will be fixed by then. Don't be discouraged by the nay-sayers. The kids will have a blast and so will you!

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old March 3rd, 2005, 11:44 PM
Admiral

Reports are that the ship has been repaired and no further problems are expected.
Jim

Old March 4th, 2005, 01:04 AM
Lori Cannon

I was on the Carnival Glory 2/19-2/26. I was curious as to where you got the information about the ship's problems? I have been online looking fro complaints and some how I stumbled on this site. I don't want to discourage you, so please don't take this that way. We were informed on our first day at sea, Sunday, after we had just visited Nassau, Bahamas, that there was a problem with the propulsion system and that instead of St Thomas and St Marteen, we were going to Freeport Bahamas and Key West. Almost everyone on the ship was extremely disappointed. They gave us all a $100 ship credit and that was basically it. I found that to be an insult when we were spending thousands of dollars mainly to see those two islands!! We then heard many stories around the ship. One of them was that the crew knew about the change in itinerary before we even left Port Canaveral. Not sure if it's true or not, but if it was, then we should have been notified and given the chance to decide what we wanted to do. I have also heard stories about the ship being broken before we got on it and it had to be towed in to port. Again I am not sure if it is true, but that's why I am wondering where you got your information.

Again, I am not trying to discourage you. Other than that change in itinerary, the ship itself and all of its service members were wonderful. My 6 year old daughter absolutely loved Camp Carnival and my 12 year old son loved the arcade and the dances that they had and the freedom. Our dinner staff were GREAT!! As was our room steward.

Just be careful and make sure you know that everything is running "ship-shape" before you get on. If you have any information at all, I would love to hear it. Thank you. Have fun, as long as everything goes as planned, I think you will have a really great time. Good Luck!!!

Lori
Old March 4th, 2005, 04:20 AM
Don Smith

Ms. Cannon, I have signed up and paid for a cruise in October that has cost me $2200 thus far. The only ports of call it will make is Freeport and Nassau. I do not feel cheated at all.
Old March 4th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: carnival glory

We spent over $6000 for our cruise for 4 people, before the money we actually spent on the ship, and I do not think that anyplace in Bahamas or Florida is worth that. We were looking forward to the other two ports of call and had plans on each of them. Carnival handled it poorly and told us that we should not contact the pursers desk for anything as there was nothing that they could do. I was not satisfied with the way this was handled and I know that most everyone on the ship agrees. Something needs to be done.
Old March 4th, 2005, 07:56 AM
First Mate

Trust me, those islands are not much different than the Bahahmas, and Key West. It's all the same.

Carnival Destiny 3-9-97
Carnival Sensation 3-14-98
Carnival Imagination 3-13-99
Carnival Spirit 3-8-03
Carnival Valor 3-20-05
Carnival Fantasy 9-1-05
Carnival Liberty 1-7-06
Carnival Legend 8-16-06
Carnival Miracle 5-16-09
Carnival Splendor 5-17-13

Carnival Sunshine
Old March 4th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: carnival glory

Am I wrong, or isn't one of the first things the booking contract says is that ports of call can change or be eliminated entirely???

Would you prefer that the ship's master ignore the propulsion problem and place the vessel, passengers and crew in jeopardy, or that the master do the prudent thing and change the itinerary?

I have read all the posts on this and another board about the problems that were experienced, and I am simply amazed that people ignore the black and white terms of the agreement. I know it is inconvenient to have an itinerary changed - but, it happens. People are ranting about compensation, class action lawsuits, etc.

Next time, go camping.
Old March 4th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

HEY NOW who said Key West was like the other islands? IT's SOOO NOT! Back off Key West! HEE HEE HAA HAA

I do agree though most island been to 1 you have been to all!
Old March 4th, 2005, 10:52 AM
First Mate

You're right Kim. To me Key West would be a more desirable stop then many islands. What I was getting at is say if you're substituting in Freeport for St. Maarten, there really isn't much difference.

Carnival Destiny 3-9-97
Carnival Sensation 3-14-98
Carnival Imagination 3-13-99
Carnival Spirit 3-8-03
Carnival Valor 3-20-05
Carnival Fantasy 9-1-05
Carnival Liberty 1-7-06
Carnival Legend 8-16-06
Carnival Miracle 5-16-09
Carnival Splendor 5-17-13

Carnival Sunshine
Old March 4th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: carnival glory

If the crew was saying that they knew the itinerary change was in effect prior to the ship leaving Port Canaveral, don't you think they should have told us before we got on the ship? You talk about jeopardizing people's safety, I would think that getting us out into the ocean and then telling us about it, would be the wrong way to handle it and would not be complying with any contract. That is why I think it needs to be looked into. It is not all about the ports. I was very disappointed about them, that's all. You may say , "all ports are the same", but that is not the case when you have plans to go to certain places that are unique to each island. It's easy to say the things that you are saying when you were not the one that was actually affected...