Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2005, 01:34 PM
Admiral

Default Camp Carnival

who can give me a run down on this feature ? possibly for a 10 and 5 yr old ?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2005, 01:39 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Camp Carnival

My son was 9 when we went on the Glory in October, he loved Camp Carnival. They have age-specific activities such as video game tournaments, scavenger hunts and one night, they had an all-night party for the 9-11 year old group (I think it was around $30 for the night) where the kids had sports, arts and crafts, and all kinds of other fun stuff, including a 4:00 a.m. trip to the pizza place. He had a ball and can't wait for our next cruise.
Old March 3rd, 2005, 02:55 PM
Admiral

My kids are two and four and had a ball! Lots of stuff for them to do. Most days the kids were having so much fun, they'd cry when it was time to go. This is one of the major reason's that as soon as we got home from our cruise in January, we booked another one on Carnival for November.
Old March 4th, 2005, 08:46 AM
ksm1074

beenie weenie,

Which ship did you sail? We are going on the Carnvial Victory, and I was wondering about the counselors and the activities. What is a typical day, I guess is what I'm trying to ask. If you didn't sail Victory, I still would like some info and your experience.

My 3-year-old does not suffer from "separation anxiety" as she has attended a Mother's Morning Out program for two years now, so she's used to having her own play time. I think I'll suffer more from the separation anxiety than she would. At her MMO program, I know her teachers, some all my life, so to leave my daughter with an "unknown" is unchartered territory for me.

Any hints?

Thanks,
Kathleen
Old March 4th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Admiral

Kathleen, I know exactly how you feel. We were on the Sensation which is a much smaller and older ship than the Victory. I can only imagine that the facilities they offer the kids there would be even nicer than what we experienced. Everyday is something different and the Camp Carnival Capers will outline their age groups days activities. Its nice in that you'll be given a pager and should the need arise they will page you. Also the parents are encouraged to call Camp Carnival as often as they like to check on the children. I am a bit neurotic and paranoid so I dropped by and would look in or stand around the corner and listen making sure the kids didn't see me because they would have had a meltdown thinking it was time to leave Camp and I wanted them to enjoy their time there. What I observed was that the staff was attentive, the children were happy to be there and they always had something fun to do. Oh yes, and no child was ever ready to leave. The only time I saw tears flowing was when it was time to go. The young ladies did a great job with my kids. If you want to know what a typical day at Camp Carnival is like, you may want to ask around if someone might have a copy of the Camp Carnival Capers that they can share with you or perhaps Carnival can supply you with that. I don't think I have any of ours. But I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I have a drawerful of things they made in Camp Carnival, The 2 year old got to decorate her own mug and they made Freddy the Funnel (Carnivals mascot) hats, They decorated their own Carnival T-shirts. Oh yes Freddy the Funnel made several guest appearances at Camp carnival and during orientation. They did fingerpainting and handprints. Just all sorts of great things for little ones. Hope that helps
Old March 5th, 2005, 01:28 PM
ksm1074

Thanks for the response. Any information I can get, the better prepared I can be. I really believe Hunter (my daugther) will LOVE Camp Carnival. She's very social...rarely meeting a stranger. Just ask my husband, who was in Wal-Mart with her yesterday, and she chose an attractive girl to introduce herself to. She also introduced my husband to the young woman, much to my husband's horror. He was sure that the young woman thought that he had put our daughter up to that or something really slimy... !

Anyway, thanks for the info. Much appreciated!

Kathleen