Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2005, 09:58 PM
SueD

Default CARNIVAL VICTORY

Hello,

My husband , me & my son ( who will be 22 months at that time ) are taking Carnival Cruise Lines, Carnival Victory , 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise ,Departing on September 25, 2005 from Miami, Florida .

We are wondering if anyone has taken this Ship before on the same rouite. How is it?How are the ports? What exurcisions shd we take on our own & how do we go abt it? How is the cruise for kids under 2? How are the babysitting fee ? What abt the stateroom......we have an inside room.Do they give crib for infants? How is the food on this ship? Is it fine dining? Do you get Lobsters & Shrimps? We went on Princesses before and they give lobsters for dinner one day and shrimps everyday.

If someone who has taken this cruise can give us any pointers , that will be great.
Thank you,
Sue
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: CARNIVAL VICTORY

We loved the Victory.

The crib issue you might want to have your TA call and just have on the reservation you will need a crib in the room. Then when you get there and there isn't one I would ask for one ASAP, they are only a certain amount on the ships and when they are gone they are gone.

Hummmmm there really isn't a Babsitting service persay like you might think. I would read over the Carnival Babysitting polices.

If this is your first cruise I would suggest you book the excursions on the ship.
Old March 6th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: CARNIVAL VICTORY

We're going on the Victory 3/27, on the Western Caribbean cruise.
You need to request a crib. There is no babysitting for a child under age 2 except from 10 pm to 3 am, and it is about $6 per hour. Camp Carnival is only for children 2 and older.

Lobster is served one night and shrimp will be on the menu in various forms, but I don't think every night. They will have seafood on the menu every night, though.

Having a small child will limit you somewhat on excursions. In Cozumel, there are beaches and shopping. There is Dolphin Discovery for animal shows and encounters, but only you can judge if your son will be afraid or not. In Grand Cayman, you could do the stingray swim/snorkel and hold your son, or one of you stay on the boat with him while the other interacts with stingrays and vice versa. In Ocho Rios, the big attraction is Dunns River Falls, but you wouldn't want to walk up them holding a child, in case you would slip and fall. However, there are lots of tours and such in Jamaica, and beaches and shopping.

Good luck!