Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2005, 11:15 PM
Admiral

Default Fascination

Has anyone sailed the Fascinatin lately? Would love to get you thoughts. We are sailing this ship in August 2005 to Key West and Cozumel. Thanks

Cheryl C
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2005, 01:09 AM
cheryllsr

Default Re: Fascination

Hi Cheryl! We are sailing on the Fascination on March 13th on our first cruise. I will gladly give you any details when we get back.

Cheryl R.
Old March 6th, 2005, 05:23 PM
beaner

Hi Cheryl:

We cruised this ship last June for 4 days. It is older ship but we still had a great time. Great shows! We had a suite too so that was nice. Food was good but not great. Service was so so. Hope this helps.
Old March 7th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

We sailed the Fascination last April, and so enjoyed the cruise, we are booked again for this October. I don't know what it was about the ship, but we really enjoyed it.

Carnival Fascination - April 2004, October 2005, Dec 2006
Sovereign of the Seas - Sept. 2003, April 2005, Oct. 2005, Sept. 2006
Carnival Sensation - September 2007

Old March 7th, 2005, 05:10 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to CZodda

Hi nolou525,

I was on the Fascination in October and had a great time! I agree with beaner though...the food was good but not great. In fact, for the first time ever, I actually enjoyed eating on the Lido deck better than the dining room. Go figure!

Have a great time and please tell us how you liked it when you get back!

Cathy in NYC

Old March 8th, 2005, 06:29 AM
lisa o.

Just got off Fascination last Friday. Let me know if there is anything I can answer for you.
Lisa O.
Old March 8th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Passenger

I was on Fascination in April '04 and February this year and i am booked for november of this year on Fascination...April '04 was our first time cruising and we had a blast. The food was always great for us, perhaps we got lucky in this area. Service was outstanding and the cruise directors were great. We sail February 18-21, '05 and had a great time. It was my mother-in-laws first cruise and she LOVED it and can't wait to go again, however she wants a longer cruise as 3 days is just not enough time to Gamble. our last cruise we had Noel for a room steward and he was so fantastic that we actually tipped him $20 extra. If he saw us in the hallway he would unlock our room for us and always greeted us with a smile and asked if we were having fun and if there was anything he could do to make a great cruise even better. Our waiter in the dining room was very personable and could actually carry on a decent conversation. The shows were fantastic and the late night comedy was hiliarious. I personally recommend the Strawberry Daquiris--YUM YUM! Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know.

Fascination, AGAIN!

Fascination 04, 05.
Old March 8th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Fascination

On the 4 day Fascination cruise, is there a formal night, and if so, which night?
Old March 10th, 2005, 11:37 PM
R. Ellingsen

I was on the ship in Dec. and had a good time. The ship is a bit older so the cabins do show some wear but are still very clean. The food and entertainment was average. The service was excellent and I had the best cabin steward ever on that cruise. The room was always perfectly done and she would come by every night and drop off cookies or a cupcake for my young son.
In Cozumel I went on the Tulum excursion with the wife and son and had a great time. It is the only Mayan ruin city on the coast and was about a hour drive. It was fairly small but what was nice is they have a public beach, so if you go, bring your suits. Kind of kills two birds with one stone. You get to see some history and swim in some beautiful water with a nice beach. I have some pictures from there on my personal web page if you want a look. They are not the best as they are only grabs from my digital camcorder.

http://pages.prodigy.net/ellingsen1/Tulum/