Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to shanenstac
Default will i have time in the blue lagoon??? pleas help!

i've asked this questions before but it's been awhile and now it's time for me to book my excursion. i will be on the glory and we are due to be in nassau from 8am-2pm. i really, really want to do the dolphin swim in blue lagoon (the one thats not offered by the ship). i know that i will be cutting it close in getting back to the ship on time. my question is, has anyone be in nassau during these times and did the excursion or anyone who has done this excursion, what was the total hours you were gone? thanks for any help. i'm desperate to learn more!!! thanks in advance & happy cruising to everyone!
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: will i have time in the blue lagoon??? pleas help!

The ship won't wait especially if you are not booked on one of their tours.

I have been in the Bahamas a few times where the rumor was we had left a few people behind... I also sat with a couple that was left behind at one of the ports and had to fly to the next one on THEIR DIME to reconnect with the cruise..... BUT I have also been in Mexico where we had the balcony that was stories above the gangway and we were looking out to see why we hadn't left yet, then about 45 mins after we were supposed to leave we see this group of drunks RUNNING down the way to get on..... after they got on they moved the ramp and we were ready to be on our way.

WHEN IN DOUBT of making it back to the ship in time, DON'T DO IT.
Old March 4th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to David148 Send a message via Yahoo to David148

well last year we were there in may from 1pm til midnight, and we booked the tour thru carnival just to go to blue lagoon island, not the dolphin swim, but it was right there, we sawit and all, BLI was very pretty, but the thing was..when we got to the island with our tour group everything was CLOSING and we only had 1 HR on the island, to swin, to shop the shops and the restaurant/snak bars were already closed, it was a tottal waste of $35.00, we were upset to say the least. we did complain about this and got half our money back for it..but the total hours we were gone was like 4 HRS...4hrs gone and only spent 1hr on the island itself, so over half ofthe time is spent on the lil boat gettin there and back!

-David.
Old March 4th, 2005, 09:51 PM
chefkel22

Default Re: Re: will i have time in the blue lagoon??? pleas help!

David148:

What time of year did you cruise last year? We are heading to BLI with CCL next month. We planned on doing the BLI Beach Break.

I know that a few things were closed without notice due to the storms last year.

Thanks.

Kelly
Old March 4th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to David148 Send a message via Yahoo to David148

we were there in middle may last year!! there were no storms..everything was just closeing way too early im talkin 4pm!!