Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Ricky Sr

Default Cave tubing in Belize!

Going to Belize in April. I was wondering if the Cave tubing excursion through Carnival is worth the price. If someone has taken this excursion please reply with more information! thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2005, 10:11 AM
BoosterMom

Default Re: Cave tubing in Belize!

Look at some of the other posts, maybe even on the destinations board. I've never done it but everyone seems to think it is the best shore excursion and well worth the money.
Old March 4th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Admiral

Yes we did it with some friends and we thought it was a great adventure and had lots of fun. We booked through the ship even though we are well-traveled and experianced cruisers as it is so far from the ship and you do not want to get stranded there by missing the ship.
Jim

Old March 4th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to windycitykitty

I've talked to people who did this they say it was great, however the water can be chilly in the caves and you have to hike on dirt roads, etc to get to the destination. There are so many cool things to see in Belize Im going and wish the cruise stayed a few nights. I choose to snorkle with the rays.Largest barrier reef in the Northern hemisphere lots of sea creatures, also considered Altun Ha a Mayan site. You do a search on port reviews and read peoples experiances in Belize. Have fun!
Old March 4th, 2005, 08:43 PM
firefighter104

Hi:

We did the cave tubing in Feb this year, It's a lot of fun...my wife loved it. The water in the caves is NOT cold and the "hike" on the "dirt road" is no more than a 30 - 40 min walk in the woods (our guide made sure we all stayed togeather and provided a very informative lesson on the area, during the walk.. We went with a tour group called Coral Breeze. I booked it on the internet before we departed. The cost was about $50pp compared with $90 on the ship.(same tour....less people)

Ontario, Canada.
Old March 4th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Sclmkl

Hi,

We did the Cave tubing in feb.. The walk is a hike through the rainforest. It was beautiful. Wear sturdy shoes that can get wet. Old sneakers, water shoes, closed toed.

We bought hard soled water shoes made by Landsend.com. they were sneakers that could get wet and they were on 30$. We used them for cavetubing and kayaking. The cavetubing itself was amazing. The water is not cold, it's "refreshing" and I'm sure by April it will probably be warmer. We took the excursion through the ship and it was 79$ not 90 as previously commented on. And we had about 24 people in our group which was a nice size and we all quickly became friends. The few extra bucks was well worth the peace of mind as the caves are quite a distance from the ship. This excursion was probably was one my favorites of all time. This was our 7th cruise and we always book through the ship.

Sue
Old March 6th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Gary Lane

We booked on our own, through extreme cave tubing, and while there was no guarantee we would make it back on the ship, it was a close call. But we paid $60, and the same trip (actually, the ship only takes you through one cave, we did two) through Carnival costs $93.
Old March 6th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Passenger

It is great, I loved it. It is a long tour from start to finish, I would book through the cruise line, it maybe a little more in price, however if the tour gets back late they will hold the ship for you, vs booking through a independant company.
Old March 6th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default Re: Re: Cave tubing in Belize!

I want to try it too - but I hear sometimes the water is really low and you can touch the bottom with your booty while floating. Is this true for anyone???