Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Passenger

Default Empress or Main deck?

Hi my husband and I our crusing on the Inspiration in April and since prices has decreased since we booked the cruise I contacted my PVP to see what they could do for me. They asked if I wanted a upgrade to the Empress deck as we are booked on Main. My question is whether their is a lot of noise on the Empress deck from the deck above? And which deck would you prefer to be on if you were in my situation? We are now booked towards the middle of Main so but if we did decide to move and if they didn't have rooms towards the middle which would be better the front or the back of the ship? Motion sickness is a concern.

Also.... Are rooms by the elevators extremely noisy?

Thanks

Post Edited (03-04-05 10:33)
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2005, 10:37 AM
BoosterMom

Default Re: Empress or Main deck?

We were on the Inspiration in Jan, empress deck 94 Were on the Sensation last summer, main deck 194. Ships are laid out the same. We were OK with main didn't have any problems,but when we booked the Inspiration we went up a deck to Empress. We loved Empress. This is the deck you arrive on and depart from. You can do self-debarkation easy from here. Dining room one floor up. We were right under the forward dining room. Never heard any noises from anywhere except kids running down hall or slamming doors next to us. The Inspiration was rocking a good bit in January and although I didn't go down to any other floors, we felt less movement in our room than we did in dining room or Paris lounge. There is a nice bar on Empress just in the Atrium, the Purser's office and shore excursion desk is there as well as the internet cafe. I found it to be VERY convenient. Hardly ever used elevators.........

As far as motion, I think you will feel motion anywhere you go in ship. I mean, it's a ship floating in water....................I've heard the further down you go the less you feel, but I really loved being on Empress deck......................buy some Less Drowsy Dramamine, Bonine or generic Meclizine if you're worried about sea sickness. We're booked toward the front of the Victory this summer and are somewhat worried about the up and down motion but I figure if they are such horrible rooms, Carnival would not keep making rooms there on their new ships..........!! You'll just love the layout of the Inspiration. It took us a day or two to learn.........Some of the elevators don't go all the way to the top and each floor is marked in the carpet in the elevator/stairwell lobby with the letter of the floor that it is "E" for Empress "P" for Promenade, etc..................We were a little slow I guess
Old March 4th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Passenger

We were on the Inspiration a few years ago, we were on the Empress deck and loved it, very convenient. We had port hole rooms at the front, very noisy when docking in the mornings, but we had only paid for lowest inside cabins, so it wasn't that bad.
Old March 4th, 2005, 12:13 PM
BoosterMom

Sharon 2U:

Did you feel a lot of motion near the front of the ship? We're on the Victory this summer, have a window not a porthole but we aren't too far back. Didn't have a lot of choice since we needed to also book the inside cabin across the hall from us for our daughters. I'm a bit worried about the up and down pitch..............
Old March 4th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Passenger

They have offered us room E19 which is towards the front of the ship. Right now we are in M94 which is the middle of the ship. I am concerned about the motion of the ship. What does everyone think?

Old March 4th, 2005, 12:35 PM
BoosterMom

I've never been up that far, but will be on the Victory this summer. We're going for it. I sure did love being on Empress, but we were mid-ship. Gosh, I'm not much help here.
Old March 4th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Passenger

I think one night we felt a little motion , we were in E7 and our friends were in E9, but did not bother us. We are boater so are used to some motion, but I do get motion sick
at times on Lake Erie, if I am on a slow moving boat. We had a very smooth cruise but I've heard stories of much rougher waters at times.
Old March 4th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Admiral

You might want to consider just staying where you are and asking for ship board credit. Have a great time.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old March 4th, 2005, 01:20 PM
BoosterMom

CACruiser, That's a really great idea too. Never thought of that. Folks on this site are so helpful.
Old March 4th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Admiral

It would make sense to expect to feel more motion farther up and away from midships.
But, when my wife and I had our aft cabin on Inspiration's Empress deck, there really wasn't that much more than I had felt amidships on previous cruises. Kind of a disappointment, really, because of what I'd heard.

And the only time we felt the thrusters, or even the propellers, was when we left the Belize anchorage. We only felt them then because we were in the cabin when they came on.

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Summit 03/06 It's Margaret's fault!
Old March 4th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Passenger

Ok talked with a Carnival supervisor and because we have passed the penality stage they are not giving ship board credits however they still offered me a free upgrade. I decided to go ahead and take it. The room they had was E180. It is more towards the back of the ship and right near the elevators. I think we will like this room. Hopefully. *crosses fingers* it wont be to rocky or noisy.

Old March 4th, 2005, 01:43 PM
hope2cruise

I just came off the Sensation, E186 -- right under the dining room and pretty close to the elevators. I also wondered if we'd hear noise, but we heard ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I also noticed no more rocking there than anywhere else on the ship. It's a very convenient location. I think you'll be happy with the upgrade.
Old March 4th, 2005, 02:06 PM
BoosterMom

I'll bet you'll love E180. Good job!
Old April 21st, 2017, 02:17 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default How was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertskies View Post
Ok talked with a Carnival supervisor and because we have passed the penality stage they are not giving ship board credits however they still offered me a free upgrade. I decided to go ahead and take it. The room they had was E180. It is more towards the back of the ship and right near the elevators. I think we will like this room. Hopefully. *crosses fingers* it wont be to rocky or noisy.
Just curiousabout how your cruise went and how the room was. My family and I are going next month in May. The room we got is E181. How did you like the room? I noticed that it is a twin bed and another that you had to pull down. Is it comfortable sleeping on a pull down bed? Was it a small room? Should we change room? I am so worry about it.