Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2005, 12:48 PM
BoosterMom

Default Question about Port of Miami

Anyone who has left Port of Miami recently? Is the parking near the cruise terminal? Specifically, can you park and then roll your luggage to the terminal. I know the Port of Tampa is close enough to do this so that you don't have to get in that long line of cars, taxis and buses just to drop luggage off. We've done it both ways and like just parking and rolling.....................We've waited on long car lines just to drop some of us and luggage off.......Family of four so poor Dad gets to go park and then find us.....
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Question about Port of Miami

Yes it is close enough Mom but your husband can also drop you and the luggage off and then go back and park and meet you at the entrance to the building.
Jim

Old March 4th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Rose M.

I have used the new Carnival parking garage at the Port of Miami...it directly fronts the access road used by taxis, shuttles, drop-off zone.....and an easy walk to your terminal. They may have changed the traffic flow pattern since I cruised last September, but I drove my car past the drop-off zone and made a left turn to enter the garage. My car was safe and sound when I returned from the cruise.
Old March 4th, 2005, 03:04 PM
BoosterMom

Yes, we knew we could do that, but when we went through Tampa, the line of cars was about 1/2 hour long just to get up to the doors. It was easier the next time to park and roll! Guess we'll just wait and see when we get there.........
Old March 4th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Rose M.

There is no line to get to the Carnival parking garage in the Port of Miami once you pass the security checkpoint...you just drive right to the garage. There could possiblly be a wait to get thru security if you arrive after Noon. I'm always at the Port between 10:30-11:00 a.m. and never have a problem with lines.