Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2005, 08:18 PM
StaceySch

Default Dinner tables

I am sailing on the Valor and my travel agent claims that he asked for a small table for us and Carnival told him that they don't do table size requests. I think this is bull because last year we requested a table for five in advance and we got it. I am really upset by this. We enjoy eating by ourself as a family. He said try the maitre'd when we board the ship but how can they accommodate this request when the ship is packed. I hate having to start with that. I am planning on calling Carnival myself . This just doesn't sound right to me.
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Sclmkl
Default Re: Dinner tables

Hey Stacy,

First for the bad news,I hate to tell you this but because you booked through a TA, carnival will not even talk to you. We had a group of 17 on our cruise on the Valor on 2/6, we requested a table for 8 and table for 10 right next to it. We did in fact get two tables next to each other both tables of 9. It was a little tricky but we managed. Now for the good news I don't think you will have any trouble changing tables our cruise was completely sold out but you would have never known it by the dining room . There was so many empty tables it really amazed me. We have been on many cruises and I have never seen so many people who didn't show up for dinner in the dining room. I guess some people just don't like to eat there and prefer the buffet on the Lido deck. I would definitely make the M'aitre D your first stop when board and make sure it is to your liking. It might help to tip him in advance. The second stop you might want to consider is Scarlett's which is the supper club. It is $25 pp but well worth every penny.

Sue
Old March 6th, 2005, 08:50 PM
borntocruisejp

Stacey,

There were 4 of us on Conquest in January. We requested sit at the same table during the late seating. When the boarding passes arrived 2 of us were early seating & 2 of us were late seating. We boarded & went immediately to the assigned dining room & requested (politely) that we sit together. Presto! That same night we were at the table together. On Monday we recievedacard in our room with our assigned table number, together! This is just a minor thing & can be corrected quickly. Don't sweat the small stuff. Hope you & yours have a wonderful cruise!!!!!!!!!
Old March 6th, 2005, 08:56 PM
BoosterMom

I agree. We were shocked to find that even though we had always requested early seating with a table or booth for four, we always get late seating at a table for 8! Only once in all our cruising have we not been able to get it changed. When you get your S&S card, look at your table number and seating time. Immediately go to the assigned dining room and take a look. If it isn't to your liking, the Capers should tell you where the matire d is stationed and he will take dining requests. I'll bet if you aren't satisfied when you see your table, it will probably be changed before that night at dinner. Just remember, if you leave your room for a long time, check back to see if someone has slipped a change card under your door. Happy sailing!