Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Passenger

Default future cruising

Hello. I am wanting to go on a Cruise this summer with a friend. I have been on two previous with my family. I enjoyed the Carnival cruise very much. Unfortunatley I am only 19, and you have to be twenty one to go on a Carnival ship. The other cruise lines that are available for 19 yr olds seem to be mostly filled with seniors, or extremely expensive. Does any one know of exceptions that might be made...any information would be greatly appreciated!!!!! Thank you.

Old March 7th, 2005, 12:20 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to TC(Top-Cat)
Default Re: future cruising

Tried to book my step daughter and her fiance at age 20. They would not let us book her.

Hope this helps.

On Glory - 05-06-06

Sensation,Jubilee ,Maj.of the Seas,Conquest, Victory.
Old March 7th, 2005, 12:22 PM
BoosterMom

Even if your parents on going on the cruise with you, you can't book two under 25's in a cabin on Carnival. At least one person has to be over 25..............We tried but we couldn't do it.
Old March 9th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: future cruising

Thank you. I actually have a friend going in July, that has offered to sign for us. We will see what happens. Thanks
Old March 9th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Admiral

You will have to have this person in your cabin or at least shown as being in your cabin. If this person is alone and booking two cabins it will not work as the numbers will not match. I think it is Princess that allows those under 21 to sail or NCL but not sure. Call your TA and check around but please be certain as you do not want to get to the pier and find out they will not allow you to board.
Jim

Old March 9th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Ricky Sr

FYI, we did exactly what Jim just mentioned in the previous reply. My wife and I was traveling with our son and his fiance. We booked it this way. My son was booked with me and his fiance booked with my wife. The sign and sail registration was my wife and I on the same credit card and my son and his fiance on the same card. That way all our charges went to us and all there charges went to them. Once aboard the ship went to the pursers desk and asked for another key only card for each room so that we all had access to the correct cabins!
Old March 9th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Kevinlsu

Default Re: Re: future cruising

I booked kids in a cabin, ages 17 13 9 and 7, across the hall from our cabin. I asked my travel agent and she said she just had to link the two cabins together and it would work. Carnival conquest 4/2004. I sailed the Disney Magic and we got connecting cabins but they were younger anyway.

Kevin
Old March 9th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Kevinlsu

Default Re: Re: Re: future cruising

Sorry... forgot to mention, I just booked a the Grand Princess and they allowed the same thing, as long as you link the cabins.

Kevin.... again
Old March 9th, 2005, 07:45 PM
browezilla

We were also able to book children in a cabin w/o adults as long as their reservation/cabin was linked to ours and we were across the hall or adjacent.
Old March 9th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak

I had this asked on the Teen boards and I called Princess to get a straight answer (my friends and I are going to soon plan our senior trip) and this is what they said:

Anyone can be 18 and book and stay on a Princess ship, you also can bring along any of your friends in the same room as long as they are 18 or older. So say if for your senior trip you want to take your 3 best friends along, all of them, and you would have to be at least 18. No one in the room has to be 21...]

But if all your friends were 18, and you had one friend who was 17, you would have to have someone 21 or older in their room. Say if you wanted to go on a cruise, your 18, and two of your other friends are 18, and the last one is 17, you couldent do that...

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Old March 9th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Passenger

Linking two cabins together only works if one of the cabins is occupied by the parents of the minor (under 21 year old). If the adult chaperone is not the minor's parent then Carnival requires that the adult actually be staying in the same cabin as the minor (or at least have it shown that way on the booking).

As others have said, Princess does allow those under 21 to book and stay in a cabin by themselves as long as they are at least 18. I think you would probably enjoy a Princess cruise just as much if you choose an itinerary (i.e. Mexico or Caribbean) and time of year (i.e. when school is out) that is likely to attract more young people.

I'm not sure what the age policies are on any of the other cruiselines. You might check out Royal Caribbean's policy as I think they also attract younger people.
Old March 9th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Correct me if i'm wrong, but you can also book a cabin if you're legally married, and traveling with your spouse regardless if the spouse is over 21, or not. We do have a lot of young people under the age of 21 who are married, and they're able to travel alone.
Old March 9th, 2005, 11:25 PM
Passenger

Yes, you are right. For some reason the cruiselines make an exception for married young people. I don't understand why it's different because they are married, but it is.
Old March 10th, 2005, 05:23 AM
bjkeen

I called Carnival and they said since you are only 19 yrs. old you need a parent or grandparent booked in your cabin.

Once you are 21 yrs. old you can book your own cabin (double occupancy required).